MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Speed of AccountRight 2016.3

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Matty72
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Matty72
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

Speed of AccountRight 2016.3

I have just upgraded from MYOB AccountRight 19.13 to MYOB AccountRight 2016.3 and have noticed that the performance of the new product is inferior. Virtually each time a new screen is opened the application hangs for 2 to 5 seconds whereas with the older product, screens loaded instantly. I am comparing the performance of the two products on the same workstation and in both cases, the data file is stored locally. Is this behaviour expected and if so, why is it the case? My expectation is that the performance and experience of a newer product will be superior to that of an older one.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,094 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28094Posts

3311Kudos

4129Solutions

Re: Speed of AccountRight 2016.3

Hi @Matty72

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Due to the nature of the program AccountRight 2016 may be slightly slower than the AccountRight Classic range. This is due to a range of different things such as a change in program code and database structure. However if you are looking into increasing the speed of AccountRight 2016 you might want to take a look at Help Article: Speed and performance tips This does contain a some tips and tricks that have improved the speed of the program so some users and systems. Please note that it doesn't work for all users and all systems.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Matty72
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Matty72
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven,

I have updated from MYOB AccountRight 19.13 to 2016.3 on a brand new workstation running Windows 10 Professional with an i7, 8 core processor and a super fast SSD hard drive. My MYOB data file is stored locally. The performance of 19.13 was excellent both on this new machine and on older inferior machines. The suggestions in that help file have made no difference to the performance of 2016.3. Our annual fees have sharply increased each year for the last decade in order to fund the development of this new product. I am very disappointed to finally upgrade to 2016.3 and arrive at the conclusion that it is an inferior product. Is there a view to applying the necessary development work to improving the performance of the new product to that of the old or can we expect that the degraded experience is here to stay?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,094 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28094Posts

3311Kudos

4129Solutions

Hi @Matty72

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking into ways to improve the speed and workflow in AccountRight. I have passed on your feedback to our product development team.  

One of the main advantages of the latest version of AccountRight is the array of Live Services that are included with your subscription, that can help with saving you time. The following Help article - AccountRight Live Services has further information on this. Please note that your file does not need to be online to avail some of these live services. 

Do let me know if you have any queries about these and/or would like help with getting started with any of these. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post