MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Speed of AccountRight 2016.3

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Matty72
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Matty72
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

Speed of AccountRight 2016.3

I posted this query 6 months ago regarding the dreadfully slow speed of AccountRight 2016.3:

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/Speed-of-AccountRight-2016-3/td-p/453487

I am the only user running a local instance and it is still incredibly slow almost to the point of being unusable. I have arrived at the conclusion AccountRight 2016.3 is significantly inferior to its predessor AccountRight v19.x Classic which was lightning fast. I would go back to this product if I could.

Why is AccountRight 2016.3 so slow even with a single user running a local instance?

Has any progress been made in the last 6 months to improve the speed of the new AccountRight 2016.3 or should I be resigned that there will be no further speed improvements to this product?

3 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner Mike_James
3,877 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner

3877Posts

1666Kudos

479Solutions

Re: Speed of AccountRight 2016.3

Hi @Matty72, AccountRight 20xx performance will never be as fast as v19. However, in most cases it should be workable. Can you provide a bit more info:

- have you applied anti-virus exclusions to the AccountRight program folder and the library folder?

- is your Windows OS 32- or 64-bit?

- what is the size of your data file?

- how many cards?

- do you use inventory? If so, how many items?

- do you use sales orders or purchase orders or receive items?

- do you use time billing?

- are there any other unusual features of your file that might make a difference? eg some clients make extensive use of contact logs, others barely even know about them.

Does the (very small) Clearwater file run faster?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)
New: STP Reporting solution for (Aust) v19 users, email for details

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Matty72
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike,

Why can v20 not be as fast as v19 Classic when operating locally?

Here are answers to your questions:

Completely disabling Trend Micro antivirus makes no difference to the speed.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. See attached for full computer specs. I have an ultra powerful PC.

My data file size is 65MB.

I have about 850 cards accumulated over several decades of using MYOB Classic.

I don't use inventory, time billing, sales orders or purchase orders.

There is nothing else that I would describe as unusual about my ledger.

I can't seem to get into Clearwater without upgrade to v2017.1. I'll check the speed of this file after upgrading.

Specs.jpg
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Matty72
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

I have tested out the Clearwater Plus data file with v2017.1 and the performance is similarly poor to that which I experienced with my own data file. v2017.1 is even slow for performing basic software execution such as opening the sales screen which requires no data interoperability either locally or remotely. 

Is there anything amongst the information I provided in my previous post that would indicate why the application is performing so poorly or should I conclude that it is the application itself that is poor?

I would also like to understand why v20 cannot be as fast as v19 Classic when operating locally? In my view, obtaining a level of performance comparable to v19 Classic ought to be a major priority.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post