MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Speed of MYOB 2017.2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User joc
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
joc
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

110Kudos

0Solutions

Speed of MYOB 2017.2

Since I have Upgraded to 2017.2 MYOB has been really really slow-Has anyone else had this problem?

If I use the internet for anything else its all up to speed But MYOB is slowing my work down soooo much!

What can I do except for taking files offline every time I need to-we have at least 17 online files that I need to jump to during the day. Or is this a 2017.2 issue?

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,001 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7001Posts

484Kudos

1109Solutions

Re: Speed of MYOB 2017.2

Hi @joc,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble working online with v2017.2. If you were working online with earlier versions of v201x.x and it was fine, then it is most likely caused by anti-virus program installed. You can follow the instructions in this Online Help article to exclude v2017.2 from the anti-virus software. You may need help from your IT person to complete this process:

Speed and performance tips

If 2017.2 is the first version you've worked online with, please do check your internet speed, the steps can also be found in the article linked above. AccountRight does have a minimum speed requirement to work online, obviously the faster internet the better. If the file size is very large, e.g. hundreds of MB or more, it would also affect the speed. 

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Matavai
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Matavai
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I'm also concerned about the speed of MYOB, which over time has become slower & slower.  The delays seem to occur the first time I'm in a function.  So if I'm going to load several entries into Spend Money, the first time it'll take maybe 15 seconds until I can enter the details, then another 15 seconds to save at the end, but after that I can blitz the lot without any pauses.  Same with Load Purchase, the first time I go in, it'll sit for about 5-10 seconds accepting the Supplier name, about 15 seconds when I click Record, & after that all the following entires run fine.  We've only been using MYOB online for about 2 years & run the EOY process each year, so I'm puzzled why it seems like our files are becoming too large too respond quickly.  We have a fibre connection, so our internet speed shouldn't be the issue, & given functions work fine once they're propery started, why the delays on first use?

Highlighted
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,647 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2647Posts

2028Kudos

383Solutions

Hi @Matavai

The times you are quoting are quite good compared to many users. The reason the 1st time you do something it takes longer is due to caching. First time MYOB needs to retrieve everything from the online file.  The relevant data is stored in a cache file to speed up subsequent transactions.

As the file gets larger, it will get slower. There is no purging during the EOY process as there is with v19, so the file will continue to grow. Test how long it takes for your Sales Register to load up. In my case. working on desktop (not online) in a larger file it takes about 45 seconds to load up. 

Regards

Gavin 

Matavai
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Matavai
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

That doesn't inspire me with confidence, knowing that things are only going to get worse.  I like the feature that transactions aren't compressed any more, but maybe there should be an option to compress x years back, or at least back that up to a different file, I very rarely look back more than 1 year so would happily move the year before last's transactions to archive.  If we ever get to the point of waiting 45 seconds, I'll be changing accounting systems.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post