Strange entries in "Prepare Bank Deposit" after upgrade

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
2nbc
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Strange entries in "Prepare Bank Deposit" after upgrade

We finally upgraded from AccountRight Premier to AccountRight Plus. However afterwards there are all of a sudden 6 entries in "Prepare Bank Deposit". They were all old entries from "Money Transfer" , and were all reconciled before, shouldn't be here in the "undeposited funds" account. 

I tried to call support, was put to escalation line, waited for 2 hours and was suddenly cut off. Very frustrated. Kindly advise if this is a bug. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Strange entries in "Prepare Bank Deposit" after upgrade

Hi @2nbc 

Sorry to see that no one has offered assistance with your enquiry.

Occasionally after a migration of a company file you can see older transactions appearing in the Prepare Bank Deposit window/back into the Reconcile Accounts window. This is due to the way the original transaction was dealt with in AccountRight Classic versus AccountRight 2019.

Going forward, there are two ways for a user to remove those transactions from the Prepare Bank Deposit window:

1) Process those transactions through to a bank account and then do a journal entry to clear them from that account. Best to speak to an accountant about recording that journal entry

2) Create a new bank account via Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>New - give the account a number, name and set the account type to be Bank. Once that account has been set up you would go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts and Banking>>Updating that Bank Account for Undeposited Funds to be that newly created account. This clears the screen due to the way the Prepare Bank Deposits window works, which is it will look at the transactions record to that Bank Account for Undeposited Funds account, as its being set to be a new account no transactions will be shown in the Prepare Bank Deposit window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

2nbc
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I also found option 2 in another thread, option 1 is new to me. Thank you!

SueH69
1 Post
User
New Zealand

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, I am reviewing the MYOB for a business I have just started with. and they have over 26,000 entries in the 'Prepare Bank Deposit' screen dating back to 2007!  Way back then, some numbnuts set up the linked account for the Undeposited Funds to be the main cheque account, and made the original 'Undeposited Funds' account inactive.   Dont ask me why the subsequent employee, or the accountant hasnt noticed the issue (they do loads of eftpos transactions so actually using the 'Prepare Bank Deposit' screen like it is supposed to be used would have made their life sooooo much easier over the years... long story short - is option 2 above my best course of action?  just change the linked account and start using the undep funds option correctly, and ignore the others...ass I started clearing them all but with no longer being able to drag down and having to click each box it is painfully slow.  Thanks in advance - or can MYOB make the 25000 or so entries still there 'go away'

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @SueH69 , welcome to the forum.  Change the account as you suggest, ignore the warning and all those entries will vanish. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post