Super Payment Stuck in processing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
accountswdu402
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super Payment Stuck in processing

Hi there, 

Our monthly super payment from period 01/07/2022 - 30/09/2022 processed on 31/10/2022 has not been debited from our account up to today (16/11) 16 days later.

On MYOB the status remains 'processing payment'. Previous months' payments has cleared within 48 hours so this is quite unusual. I suspect because over the first 24 hours after processing... our bank account did not have sufficient funds due to a direct debit from an unrelated payment. there is enough money in the account now, but still not debited.

please advise best course of action to avoid a double payment?

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Super Payment Stuck in processing

Hi @accountswdu402 

Thank you for your post. There can be a delay if the system recognises some information not matching. 

Can you confirm the following:

1. The Super fund name entered into your software matches what is on the ATO Super fund look up page: superfundlookup.gov.au 
  2. The employee is registered for the correct fund (be mindful that some funds share the same USI, or change name etc.). 

If it is caused by one of the above, you will need to reverse the Pay Super transaction, and reprocess the payments.

If it is not one of the above, could you provide some more details (like the specific fund you were attempting to pay) so I can provide further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

accountswdu402
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @SamaraM 

Apologies for my late reply, was off these past few days. 

i can confirm that points 1 & 2 are ok, i have paid into these accounts with no issues and they usually clear overnight. 

Payment status has now switched to "Payment Failed". can you kindly advise the steps i should take from here? Should i Reverse and reprocess payment as you have instructed?

Thanks kindly, 

Angga 

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Angga (@accountswdu402)

Only reverse the payment; If a super payment has the status Payment failed and none of the contributions have been paid. 

To do this: 

1. Go to Payroll > Super payments.
  2. Log in with your MYOB account details.
  3. Click the payment to be reversed > Reverse transaction.
  4. Confirm again by clicking Reverse transaction > Record reversal.

Here is the Help Article again that I linked earlier which goes through the steps in more detail: Reversing superannuation payments.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

accountswdu402
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions