MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Sync not working

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User DerekRaine
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
DerekRaine
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sync not working

Hello,

My company file on my PC is supposed to be syncing but so far it has been 7 days since I manually synced it and nothing has happened since.

Here is what the help notes say:

By default, your company file will be synchronised every 20 minutes, while it is open online. You can disable this automatic synchronisation if necessary.

When synchronisation begins, you can track the progress by checking the status bar.

So it is now the 8th July and when i click on the cloud button bottom right it says my last sync was 1st July which is when I manually did it.

This has caused problems in the past when MYOB cloud stops working at the most inconvienient times and I cannot work on the file until they fix it.  Apparently if it syncs I can work on it until they come back online then it syncs the changes, but obviously that cant work if it doesnt sync.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Derek

sync problem.JPG
6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Staff Post LeightonJ
588 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
LeightonJ
MYOB Staff Post

588Posts

73Kudos

81Solutions

Re: Sync not working

Hi @DerekRaine

I am sorry that you are experiencing this kind of trouble with your sync function.

I would suggest that you temporary select Disable Auto Sync and then Manually Sync the file and then enable the Auto Sync again and then observe if it for a day. 

If in case the above steps doesn't improve the situation at all, I suggest that you move the sync file from the sync folder. To find your sync file go to your C: Drive > Users > -your user name- > AppData > Local > MYOB > AccountRight > Offline > .sync. As soon as you find your sync file create a copy of it in a different location and then delete it from the .sync folder. After this has been achieved perform the initial instruction that I have provided and leave AccountRight open for the whole weekend. If you have entered transactions today it should start a sync process.

Do note that the AppData folder is a hidden folder hence if you have the 'Show hidden folder options' deactivated, you might not see this folder at all. Follow the instructions on this online guide to show your hidden folders if you have it disabled: Show Hidden Folders

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Leighton
Client Support Representative

Is this a Solution?
Mark this as an Accepted Solution
Helpful? Leave a kudos to tell others

40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
DerekRaine
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Leighton,

Thank you for your reply.

As I had already tried your first option before with no luck I went straight to idea 2.

I deleted the file as suggested and then syncronised the file.  After syncing the option of auto sync was not there so I tried syncing again.

I now get the following error everytime I try to sync (screen shot attached)

sync error.JPG
588 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
LeightonJ
MYOB Staff Post

588Posts

73Kudos

81Solutions

Hi @DerekRaine

That is indeed bizarre. I am going to get you to reinstall the whole software. To uninstall your AccountRight software kindly follow this Help Article: Install AccountRight; just scroll to the bottom where it says "How to Uninstall AccountRight" and then install the program again after successfully uninstalling.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Leighton

Is this a Solution?

40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
DerekRaine
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Leighton,

I uninstalled every version of AccountRight that was on my PC and then installed the latest version from my.myob

I still get the same error when I manually choose to sync the file.

sync error.JPG
588 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
LeightonJ
MYOB Staff Post

588Posts

73Kudos

81Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @DerekRaine

After speaking to you today over the phone. I am glad that we have got this resolved.

Do observe how the software would behave over the weekend and if gives you more grief in automatic sync immediately let us know.

Kind regards,
Leighton

Is this a Solution?

40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
DerekRaine
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Leighton

Your help and the time you spent on the phone fixing the issues was greatly appreciated

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post