Partner Zone
Partner Zone

TEAM MYOB Has this error been reported to the required TEAM ?

Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
663 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User

676Posts

440Kudos

13Solutions

TEAM MYOB Has this error been reported to the required TEAM ?

Hi TEAM MYOB

Has this error been reported to the Andrew.S ?  Its a bug that was introduced into 2019.2 (Maybe 2019.1) and is starting to cause some issues.

The property 'RecordID' on entity type 'SaleEvent' is part of a key and so cannot be modified or marked as modified. To change the principal of an existing entity with an identifying foreign key first delete the dependent and invoke 'SaveChanges' then associate the dependent with the new principal.

Thanks

Andrew

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,123 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

1127Posts

138Kudos

147Solutions

Re: TEAM MYOB Has this error been reported to the required TEAM ?

Hi @AndrewStephen 

Thanks for your post. What task are you completing when this error occurs? Can you send me the error log? See AccountRight Log locations for reference. Once I have enough information I can pass it on to the right team. 

Let me know how you’re going with this.  

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

663 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User

676Posts

440Kudos

13Solutions

Hi @Theresa_D 

Question was "Has this bug been passed onto Andrew.S" at MYOB ?

Yes or No ?

I have posted before about this bug with the details, would have emailed him direct but was told not to.

So just checking to see if the bug has been report.

I find it really really stupid to post questions like this on a public forum and then to discuss bounce messages back and forth.

Only asking as this bug causes me alot of grief each week when processing payments from customers for those that are imported because MYOB still can't fix the rounding issues when importing.

I can import the same sales import details 100 times and getting rounding issues on about 20 records of 1c.

Then when I am trying to allocate the payment, and edit the invoice from the payment screen I get the error.

Was never the case in v19 and in v2018.4 maybe not in v2019.1 eith (can't recall when it was first introduced)

Andrew

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4594Solutions

Hi @AndrewStephen 

The only similar message that we have reported through to the team is the following error, which relates to duplicate keys in the auto-build. This does require a script to be run and in some cases the file to be sent in for repair.

The instance of entity type 'ItemAutoBuildLine' cannot be tracked because another instance with the same key value for {'RecordID'} is already being tracked. When attaching existing entities, ensure that only one entity instance with a given key value is attached. Consider using 'DbContextOptionsBuilder.EnableSensitiveDataLogging' to see the conflicting key values.

If you are encountering a different situation we do need to get the full error log and when exactly it occurs. Also, knowing if the same thing occurs in the same company file i.e. Clearwater would be ideal under the same circumstances. With this information, we would be able to investigate further and pass it across to the required team.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

663 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User

676Posts

440Kudos

13Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Then that is a real shame.  This is the issue with reporting BUGS via the forums and not having a menas to report bugs.  They get missed and never actioned.

The bugs can be reproduced and was introduced into 2019

Can you PLEASE report the issue now.

Thanks

Andrew

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4115Kudos

4594Solutions

Hi @AndrewStephen 

As indicated, happy to report that situation to the appropriate party. We do need to get the full error log* and when exactly it occurs. Also, knowing if the same thing occurs in the same company file i.e. Clearwater would be ideal under the same circumstances

*Note: in this case we are directly asking for the full error log. So do feel free to post that one error log so we can share it with the team.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post