Highlighted
1 Post
User
Australia

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Temp Files created by MYOB.AccountRight.API.AddOnConnector

After upgrading to AR 2020.2 the process MYOB.AccountRight.API.AddOnConnector is set to Startup on boot. When this process is running, it is creating large numbers of temp files in %temp%, each around 200Mb in space and created every 10 seconds or so which is filling up HDD over the course of the day (around 200GB per day!) These temp files are located in c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp and have the format tmpXXXX.tmp (ie tmp87AB.tmp). Once created these files also revert their modified date to July 2018. Killing the MYOB.AccountRight.API.AddOnConnector.exe process stops these files from being created.

Annotation 2020-05-26 131406.png
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,990 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,990Posts

5,008Kudos

5,403Solutions

Re: Temp Files created by MYOB.AccountRight.API.AddOnConnector

Hi @cameronmcshane 

Thank you for sharing your experiences with MYOB Community.

Just having a look at my Temp folder I was able to locate a series of files that do appear like you are describing called tmpxxx..tmp which do appear to contain information relating to MYOB company files. In saying that, within my system, these files are around 7 MB and are dated recently:

Attachment.PNG

In saying that, if you do need to mark the Add-On Connector from being run at startup you can navigate to Add-on Connector and deselect the run at start up option to prevent that from running at start-up. Note: This may affect your ability to connect to add-ons and external apps that may integrate with AccountRight.

Attachment.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Temp Files created by MYOB.AccountRight.API.AddOnConnector

Yes I concur,

I have two files created every 24 seconds by MYOB AddOnConnector.

AddOnConnector tmp files.png

If let go and gets over 65,000 files it then stops MYOB AO from starting up.

Clear the %temp% folder and then OK.

I don't think we use anything requiring AddOnConnector so will try stopping it from starting at startup.

Thanks.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post