Temporarily Removing Data File from Cloud

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Daniel_H
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Temporarily Removing Data File from Cloud

Hi

I have recently sold a business and am considering temporarily removing the data file from the cloud (12-18 months) as so to avoid the monthly subscription charges whilst I am not trading, however have the following questions:

1. can i work on the file offline for (reconciliations and EOFY journals) and then upload it to the cloud again if i acquire another business within the same entity? and

2. will i loose all local settings, custom forms/payslip templates, bank account and super linkages created over the years?

Regards

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Temporarily Removing Data File from Cloud

Hi @Daniel_H 

As you have a perpetual licence for your AccountRight product (serial number ending in 4450) you are welcome to use that company file locally and without an AccountRight subscription in place.

To move the company file locally you can take a backup of the online file (File>>Backup). Once that backup has been taken go to File>>Restore and select to restore it into a library on your computer. This will allow you to use the company file locally on that computer to record transactions and the like. When you are ready to place it back online (assuming you obtain a  new subscription) you would likely take a backup and then restore it online again.

In saying that, if you were to cancel that AccountRIght subscription you would lose access to the live services such as bank feeds, pay superannuation, in tray, payroll reporting, cloud access...You do need an active subscription in place to use theses services. You, of course,w ill still be able to use the company file locally and record transactions and have access to your templates and settings as normal.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Daniel_H
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

Thank you for the prompt response.

I have an active subscription as this is one of a handful of data files that I use on the cloud, does that mean if I restore this file at a later date all my payroll reporting, bank fees, pay super etc will appear as they did prior to cloud removal?

Regards
Daniel

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Daniel_H 

It does depend on the way in which you renew it. ideally, you want to speak to our team when you do want to renew that subscription this way we can renew that subscription and ensure that the live services are carried across to the new subscription.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post