New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Transferring MYOB to a new computer

Hi

I am running AccountRight 2014.4 and have upgraded my computer.

Can you please let me know how to transfer program/files.  I can send my serial number if required.

Many thanks.

Tui

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Staff Post AliK607
382 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

382Posts

165Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Transferring MYOB to a new computer

Hello @Tui ,

Here are the steps you can follow to move your current software to a new computer:

If you're not working online, you'll need to move your company file and any other files you use, such as personalised letters and customised Excel templates.

Copy your files from your old computer

1. Create a backup of your company file.
  2. Copy the backup file onto an external storage device, like a USB drive.

Set up AccountRight on the new computer

1. Get the AccountRight installer. (A link this version will be sent to you as a private message, You can check your Private Messages by clicking link: Private Message Inbox)
  2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the prompts to install AccountRight.
  3. Copy the files from the external storage device. Copy the backup file onto the Desktop (to make it easy to find).
  4. Restore the backup

Please note: this version is not compatible with Windows 10, but should work fine in windows 7 and earlier. For the latest version, you will need to renew your subcription. 

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User Tui
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Ali

What is the issue with Windows 10?  I did the installation before I read that far down in your post and it seems to have worked OK.  The formatting is a bit ugly in places, but not unworkable.

Tui

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,656 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,656Posts

4,356Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Tui 

MYOB will only test the current versions with a newer Operating Systems. As Windows 10 was released after AccountRight 2014.4 was released we haven't tested that version of the program with that operating system and thus can't guarantee it will work as intended.

Although, in saying that, generally speaking, most older versions of the program will work on Windows 10 and function as intended, it's just that MYOB has not tested them and thus don't officially support them on that operating system.

In terms of display, you might want to take a look at Help Article: Fixing display issues

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MYOB Staff Post AliK607
382 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

382Posts

165Kudos

0Solutions

Im glad that worked out for you, Tui.

Any MYOB version prior to v2015.3 was released before windows 10 was launched by microsoft. As a result, from a support perspective, there are a few known compatibility issues with windows 10.

To give you an example, a majority of windows 10 users running pre v2015.3 MYOB versions will often experience a library service error when opening a company file (even though the library service is started on their computer.) The only known fix in this instance is to upgrade.

With the 2014.4 version, there may also be other compatibility issues with the windows 10 environment as this version was released a year before windows 10 was launched. Hence it is not officially supported by MYOB in terms of techical support.

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User Tui
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions