Turn off auto-message that pops up after each email sent from MYOB via Outlook

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
chauncy
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Turn off auto-message that pops up after each email sent from MYOB via Outlook

Hi There,

Since we did the latest upgrade we have a pop up message every time we send an email from MYOB but through Outlook.

We have our MYOB set up this way for a reason and it is annoying to have to keep pressing the OK button every time we send an email and it is a lot every day.  How do I turn the pop up message off ?

6 REPLIES 6
DanielleGW
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Turn off auto-message that pops up after each email sent from MYOB via Outlook

I am having the same issue, but only with invoices at Open or Closed status. Order emails are going through without the pop up.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Turn off auto-message that pops up after each email sent from MYOB via Outlook

Hi @chauncy and @DanielleGW 

With the release of AccountRight 2023.1 we have introduced a new prompt that does appear when emailing from the software. This is to alert the user that the email has been successfully delivered to Outlook, previously there was no indication as to the outcome.

At this time, there is no provision to disable that message from appearing, however, we do thank you for your feedback and will be sharing this with our teams.

Copy of messaging:
Capture 3.PNG

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Louisev_v4
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

This is driving our team nuts - we send up to 100 invoices at the end of each day and the message popping up each time is unproductive and adds time to the process .  We have never needed a message letting is know the email was successful.   Please make this an option we can turn off or at the least a message saying it wasn't successful.  Given it usually is almost 100% of the time.  

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

141Posts

87Kudos

0Solutions

Dear Tracey

"At this time, there is no provision to disable that message from appearing, however, we do thank you for your feedback and will be sharing this with our teams."

I consider this to be an unacceptable answer as even if this was a requested upgrade and someone thought it was a "wonderful idea" why was it not done as an OPTION that could be engaged or disengaged as needed by the person using it .

I truely have to wonder about both the professionalism of those making decisions at MYOB in that great ideas are ignored and unimportant and somewhat trivial changes are made as mandatory.

I do understand that for some businesses the need to know that the email has been sent is important but im sure that for at least as many you have introduced another annoying and useless feature that requires more keystrokes or more mouse presses for no benefit.

Why Oh Why are these things not made user selectable 

DARRYL

SusanHD
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

This message is unnecessary - why treat us like imbeciles - we have been using the system for years without the need of being second guessed. I think it is just to keep people employed who don't use the system at all!

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

141Posts

87Kudos

0Solutions

p.s

This is also NOT a solution as it is just telling us that oneone really understands at MYOB that we all use it differently.

Pretty  much all the requests for any changes relate to MYOB programmers giving us the users the ability to customise the Screens and layouts to suit our individual requirements.

Also to be able to turn on and off functions that dont suit our operation

Just like this pain in the rear end "email popup"

Darryl

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post