Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Unable to Lgin Accountright 2018.4

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
YvonneFE
3 Posts
User
YvonneFE

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to Lgin Accountright 2018.4

I recently downloaded and installed Accountright. When I go to Open Company File and then choose Online a pop up window briefly appears then closes and also closes Accountright. I am using Windows 10. I don't even get to see a login screen ....

Any suggestions how to fix?

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,147 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6147Posts

994Kudos

876Solutions

Re: Unable to Lgin Accountright 2018.4

Hi @YvonneFE

Does anything happen when trying to open a file? Such as AccountRight has encountered an error and needs to exit?

There can be an issue with upgrading from 1 20xx.x software to another (Such as moving from 2018.3 to 2018.4) and having errors opening your file.

I made a post on this which you can find here: Unable to open AccountRight file after upgrading to the latest version

If this fix fails, could you please post your Diagnostic Log as this could help us identify more information on the issue.

To find the Diagnostic Log:
1. Open your Start Menu
2. Type: %localappdata%
3. Open the %localappdata% folder:
temp.png
4. Open the MYOB Folder.
5. Open the AccountRight Folder.
6. Open the Version folder (E.g: 2018.4)
7. Open the Diagnostics Folder.
8. Copy the Huxley.Application_xxxx.log file to your Desktop to get to it easier.

You can use the Choose file button on the Reply page to add files to your post as attachments.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Team
YvonneFE
3 Posts
User
YvonneFE

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

There are no error messages - everything just closes down. Also there are no log files (found the folder as per instructions but no Diagnostics folder, just AU and Layouts).

This is not an upgrade but a new install if that makes any difference. 

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,147 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6147Posts

994Kudos

876Solutions

Hi @YvonneFE

From this description:

@YvonneFE wrote:

there are no log files (found the folder as per instructions but no Diagnostics folder, just AU and Layouts).

If you're only seeing AU and Layouts that means that some control folders that are required haven't installed which makes me think that AccountRight isn't correctly installed.

From my experience the first thing to look at is the Anti-Virus as it's their job to make sure some programs don't install files it doesn't recognise on the computer, though this has been known to stop MYOB installs in a similar manner.

Could you try uninstalling AccountRight and then turn off the Anti-Virus temporarily, then try another install while the Anti-Virus is off?

If you haven't installed your own Anti-Virus then this means you might be using Windows Defender (Assuming Windows 10), you can turn off Real-Time Scanning by following this article; How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10

If this fails, I'd be trying to download a different installer. If you go to: www.myob.com/downloads and then try and download the Server edition of 2018.4 this installs differently than the PC Edition and comes with all the same features. Could you see if this then works?

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Team
YvonneFE
3 Posts
User
YvonneFE

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Sadly I tried both of those options with identical results as to originally. Must be some conflict on my laptop. Will try another PC. Thanks for your help.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post