Unable to access my library myox files after upgrade

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MinEr916
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to access my library myox files after upgrade

Hi, This is an unresolved issue from a month ago. I have two company files that I access once a year to record a few transactions and then file tax returns. They're offline (in my library) because I have two other files that need to be online for payroll/STP purposes. First of all, I understand that I can have two online files and unlimited offline files without additional charge. Some 18-24 months ago we added a new online file and upgraded the subscription with additional charge. Later we found out that is no longer required, I requested for the file to be removed and had confirmation that the charge/subscription will be adjusted accordingly. But it hadn't happened. Got on with MYOB, but they don't seem to "understand" the issue. I don't want to call again, takes too long to speak to someone. This is a real problem with subscriptions! There are many more important things in life! Secondly, are the files in my library. After upgrading, i just can't get in. Login screen just disappears. I am at the verge of moving them somewhere else and pay for the software then move the other two companies away from MYOB. It can't be just me having this problem with offline files. I think MYOB is way too old to be around anymore. Disappointed

5 REPLIES 5
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Unable to access my library myox files after upgrade

Hi @MinEr916 

Sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing some of your company files, and your experience with our support teams weren't satisfactory. 

Based on your forum email address, I've located an AccountRight Premier account (serial number ending with 2089), this is a full box serial number (not a subscription based one), this means that all active files under this serial number can be used locally even when the subscription is cancelled. However, I'd like to clarify that offline/local files are not unlimited without charge, each serial number comes with a number of company file licenses, once you need to activate more files than the owned licenses, additional local file licenses can be purchased (one-off charge).

Currently on this serial number there is the original AccountRight Premier subscription consumed for the 2 online files, and 1 additional subscription (started on 3/2/2022) not being used. If you no longer need it, please follow this Help page to request cancellation - Cancelling your MYOB subscription.

As of the files in your local library, I'd suggest accessing them by launching the AccountRight desktop app, choose Open a company file > My Library > select the file from the list to open, don't open the files from the 'recently opened company files' shortcut list. If you encounter any problem, please do provide more details, such as a which step did the problem occur, if there's any error messages, does it happen to all library files or a specific one, any screenshots are most helpful too.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,954 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,954Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @MinEr916 

The problem with accessing the local files as you described is due to a problem during the upgrade of the file. This can be fixed by following the process here.

Just to add to what @CloverQ stated, if you were a MYOB V19 user from way back, your serial number may be entitled to the original default value (5) or even more offline files. Some users were allowed a dozen files if that is what they paid for. When the serial number is upgraded to AR20xx, your existing entitlement is meant to carry through. Check this with MYOB.

Some users activate a file and later stop using it. If this happens, you can have MYOB de-activate it (based on the File ID shown on help screen) and then use that entitlement on another offline file.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
MinEr916
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. "AccountRight Premier account (serial number ending with 2089)" - this is correct, we have moved/migrated online but not told of any change to serial number. At the time, I was told company files left in my library is unlimited number on Account Right with the existing subscription. Yes, we have two current online accounts allowed for the subscription, this is sufficient. Until we had to add the additional file and paid additional subscription with no qualms, but this latest file was decommissioned late last year and was assured subscription would be adjusted. And it hasn't been. What is the current subscription cost? Kind regards.
MinEr916
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin, Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Tried the 'process' link, but %localappdata%/MYOB/ - doesn't show current version folder. So, I am unsure what next step to take. ... "if you were a MYOB V19 user from way back, your serial number may be entitled to the original default value (5) or even more offline files." I am positive, I was told two live/online files (required for payroll/STP) - pay for additional and unlimited offline. The number is really irrelevant at the moment, I can't get back in those files, give me a million it's useless. ... "When the serial number is upgraded to AR20xx, your existing entitlement is meant to carry through. Check this with MYOB." I don't think we were given a new serial number to work with. I'd spoken to MYOB on various occasions, add new online file and subsequent decommission, no mention of new AR.... serial number. Regards.
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @MinEr916 

Thank you for the update. I've just sent you a private message with more information on your subscription situation, you can find it clicking on your avatar from the top right corner, then click on the mail icon.

As of the post linked by Gavin to help with the local file access problem, even if the diagnostic log directory isn't the same for you as described, you can still try using the hotfix tool explained in that post. I'd suggest first browse to the library location on your computer, make a copy of the relevant company files (.myox files) and keep them as a backup elsewhere, then run the fix tool on the library files.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post