Fred000
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to back up file

I have AccountRight Stamdard 2016.1.1.

Recently unintalled and downloaded software to try and resolve another issue unsucessfully.

First time since download trying to save back up and received this message "The connection to the server was lost. Please check that the server is on and connected to the network" 

I do not use the cloud based feature with MYOB

I see others on the forum have similar issues. I tried the steps from this post but it didn't work. https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/AccountRight-2018-2-Server-Edition-SE-Conn... I suspect it's because the download extract is specifically for 2018 edition and mine is 2016. Can anyone verify this or advise alternative. Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Gayathri
1,080 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Gayathri
MYOB Moderator

1081Posts

125Kudos

114Solutions

Re: Unable to back up file

Hi @Fred000,

Thank you for the post! 

Generally that error comes up if there is a missing folder. Recommend to check the library location to see if the hidden folder .backup is there. We have found this missing in these cases and by adding it back, this fixes the error.

image.png

Thank you.

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Fred000
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Fred000
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unable to back up file

Gayathri thanks for your suggestion, but I discovered the issue was because I downloaded the Server version instead of the PC Desktop version. So I uninstalled MYOB SE and downloaded MYOB PC and this fixed the back up issue. Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post