80 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

80Posts

46Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to backup large company file

MYOB you guys really need to fix this issue with backups and large files

This is a CLOUD program, why am I constantly having issues backing up my files ?  For what you charge us each month, your service leaves a lot to be desired

For the last 4 or 5 days I have been attempting to do a backup, I let it run 2 or 3 hours and it's still not done, cannot do without it longer than this so force stop, then try again later only to have the same issue.  I thought I would try to synch the file again thinking this would expedite the backup process, but the synch has been running for almost 2 hours and again, I had to force stop

So this is where you tell me to take it offline, do the backup then check it back in - it's not going to work.  Our file needs to be online as we have it linked to our magento backend synching stock levels every hour with our website

When will you fix this issue ?  Either FIX this issue, or allow us to purge old data, for crying out loud, how many posts do people need to put up about this ?  Bring back the purge function PLEASE !!  You guys make me so mad, I see posts all the time about this but you're doing nothing to fix the issue !!

18 REPLIES 18
Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
789 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

789Posts

549Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to backup large company file

Hi @FAB 

I agree 100% with you and MYOB are clueless when it comes to this issue.

We link our Online file to StarShipIt, Magento v1 and Magento v2 stores.

We update stock on hand every 15 minutes.

Offline line means no packing orders via StarShipIt that are entered into AR2019.3 and no Live stock on hand figures.

Its real time that MYOB fix the issues and bugs and provide us with software that works.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,656 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,656Posts

4,356Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @FAB 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight company files and backing up.

When a company file is stored in the cloud and a backup is required the system actually does a conversion from server file to an myox file for backing up the file. The larger the company file the longer that conversion process will take and thus the longer a backup of the company file will take with more chances to fail. This conversion doesn't occur when a backup is taken on a local copy/checked out file as the company file is converted to an myox file during the moving local process. This is why we do recommend that process if you do have a larger company file.

If you are unable to check out the company file due to various reasons then the recommendation would be to leave the backup of the company file running and/or complete the backup of the company file at irregular times of the day. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User FAB
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

80Posts

46Kudos

0Solutions

Actually, even taking it offline is a chore because it has to synch first befoe it goes offline and that can take a couple hours (or more) 

Your solution really isn't a solution at all

You need to understand that a lot of us have built their business around MYOB and you guys need to fix this issue, MYOB always seem to brush this off but I know I have been posting about this for at least the last year in your forums and your solutions are just "nothing" answers

For the amount of money we pay (and you're always putting your fees up) we all expect more - a more reliable service that actually DOES what it promises to do.  Well actually, we're not being unreasonable by expecting this

This is so frustrating, you have no idea

80 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

80Posts

46Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Andrew

We also use StarShipit, our magento back end is M2 and we use OneSaas to synch everything on the hour.  We've had a lot of issues with the synching as well, some with OneSaas, some with MYOB

MYOB don;t seem to understand we have built our entire business around MYOB functioning correctly, and when it doesn't (which is more and more often these days) then everything falls down for us and for a small business owner, this is detrimental.

Taking it offline is not a solution for us - we simply cannot do that as then we cannot work.  They have basically told us "well, you just have to keep trying throughout the day, cross your fingers and hope it backs up".  It's ludicrous and I wish there was a body we could all go to, to take this issue up - you know when you're paying for something and the person selling it toy ou does not deliver ?

Mel

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,656 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,656Posts

4,356Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @FAB 

Thank you for additional feedback with regards to AccountRight 2019 and the backing up of large company files. I have shared your comments.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner David_Cree
1,023 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,023Posts

327Kudos

0Solutions

hello @FAB 

I agree that myob backups may take a while, however are you sure that you really need to do this so regularly. have you considered starting the backup at knock-off time and letting it run.

Certainly you would want to take a backup whenever you want to save a copy of your file as at a point in time such as the end of a financial year or at bas time, but have you considered setting your file to be auto synced?

Doing this you will be able to recover a copy of the file that is no more than 20 minutes old id you need it, and it happens in the background.

see -

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Synchronise+a+company+file

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Automatic+synchronisation#Automaticsynchronisation-1267384

Cheers

David

DAVID CREE
MY Business Locum MBA, LCGI, MICB
MYOB Certified Consultant
Ph: 0418 622 163 Fax: 08 8362 2163
mybl@senet.com.au
St Peters South Australia
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

80Posts

46Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I always try and take a backup copy every day, it's just extra security I guess

I have always had my file set to auto synch, but I do notice sometimes that I need to re-set this to auto synch from time to time, I am not sure why ?

Thanks

Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
789 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

789Posts

549Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @David_Cree 

I agree that myob backups may take a while, however are you sure that you really need to do this so regularly. have you considered starting the backup at knock-off time and letting it run.

This comment is so so damaging and has the potential not to end well.

PLEASE DON'T EVER MAKE THAT SUGGESTION TO ANYONE.

As a MYOB Certified Consultant you should know better.

Everyone should be taking daily backup of their data, end of story. That is the only message anyone should every be suggesting.  If we choose not to backup then thats our own doing.  But suggestion you only need to do it ONCE a YEAR is plain stupid.

I guess you have never lost data if you make that comment.

OMG, I am really really lost for words that someone would make that comment.

MYOB can't bank feeds, emailing to work correctly and you expect us to count on them to provide a backup from the previous night if needed.  GOOD LUCK.

Read some of my posts, Auto Sync doesn't always work.

For me it now generating an out of memory error.

Maybe the best reply would be to help push the cause to MYOB to fix the issues with Backups and fix the issue once and for all.  Then we don't need to have these conversations.

@FAB please do a regular backup and just keep pushing MYOB to fix the issue.

Ultimate Partner David_Cree
1,023 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,023Posts

327Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @FAB 

I too have noticed this issue with auto sync and think that it may occur after an upgrade. After an upgrade I have needed to turn on auto sync back on. if so this is an issue that MYOB needs to resolve, or to provide a message that the program is no longer syncing.

Cheers

David

DAVID CREE
MY Business Locum MBA, LCGI, MICB
MYOB Certified Consultant
Ph: 0418 622 163 Fax: 08 8362 2163
mybl@senet.com.au
St Peters South Australia
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post