Contributing Cover User
Australia
CapEnt
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to export reports to Excel

I am working in cloud based AccountRight 2019.2.1 and have discovered today that I am unable to export reports to excel.  I excel icon is not greyed out and I do not get any error message.  The export simply does not occur.

I tried Aged Payables, Receivables, Profit & Loss, General Ledger etc. 

I have uninstalled & reininstalled MYOB and checked there are Excel template files existing in the 2019.2/Reports/Spreadsheet folder.

Please help

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Gayathri
1,056 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Gayathri
MYOB Moderator

1057Posts

123Kudos

113Solutions

Re: Unable to export reports to Excel

Hi @CapEnt,

Thank you for the post!

A green Export to Excel button means that Excel is definitely being detected on your computer, but for nothing to happen when you try and export information to Excel it would suggest that Excel is not receiving the information. Generally, this could be caused by two things either a permissions imbalance between AccountRight and Excel or if something is getting in the way of the information being send into Excel.

To check if this is a permissions imbalance, I would start by right clicking on your AccountRight icon and choosing the option to Run as Administrator. This will run AccountRight with full Windows Administrator permissions which should overcome any permissions imbalances that might exist. Permissions imbalances can be overcome by reinstalling AccountRight with full Windows Administrator permissions by running the installer as a Windows Administrator.

If you find that there is no permissions imbalance or running AccountRight as an Administrator does not export the information to Excel, then the next step would be to look at what else is  running on your computer and try to close down as many other programs as possible before trying the export to Excel. This would include programs that you might not think of such as your antivirus program to see if they have any bearing on your ability to export to Excel.

Also try clearing the AccountRight cache  and try exporting the data to excel.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner BSteele
2 Posts
Partner
Australia
BSteele
Partner

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am also having same issue exporting  reports to excel 2016. I found that if you opened excel before you open MYOB the export function to excel will work until you close excel. Then it nolonger works as it should.

If you just open MYOB then try to export a report it will not work.

Mike

MYOB Moderator Gayathri
1,056 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Gayathri
MYOB Moderator

1057Posts

123Kudos

113Solutions

Hi @BSteele,

Thank you for the post!

Could you confirm that you have cleared the AccountRight cache and tried exporting to excel. Did you check the permissions as mentioned in my post. If the two options mentioned didn't work, could you try reinstalling office 365 and see how it goes.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner BSteele
2 Posts
Partner
Australia
BSteele
Partner

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have tried all your suggestions without any success.

I note that an excel instance is started in background ( I see it in task manager) and maybe the page tries to load(I have seen a third myob window on tak bar as this happens) but then disappears.

If I use task manager to kill the excel instance then try to do another report export to excel Myob restarts Excel instance again but just does not display excel in a window if this helps.

LauraF
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
LauraF
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Gayathri ,

I am having the same issues.

I have tried all steps as mentioned in this thread of posts and still unable to export to excel.

Thanks

MYOB Moderator Gayathri
1,056 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Gayathri
MYOB Moderator

1057Posts

123Kudos

113Solutions

Hi @BSteele,@LauraF,

Thank you for the post!

Thank you for trying the options that I provided.  I would like you to  try one more option is Repair an Office application

AccountRight should also be installed after installing Office - if necessary, uninstall, then re-install AccountRight.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post