Australia
Webb1
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to locate Server

Hi

I have a problem with one PC not being able to locate the server that MYOB V19 is on.  We have a number of other PC's that also run V19 and they have no problems accessing the server.

This only seems to happen when we go to open MYOB V19, we are able to access the relative server for everything else.  Could there be something in the background on this particular PC that is blocking it.  We have recently updated our security but this happened to all the PC's not just the one having the problem.

Can you suggest anything that we can do to let MYOB locate and see the server.

Thanks & Regards

Lisa 

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
803 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Andrew_Y
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

76Solutions

Re: Unable to locate Server

Hello Lisa ( @Webb1 )

Thank you for posting about your issue.  Are you currently receiving a specific error message when this occurs?

I don't know if you have been installing PC edition of AccountRight or the Server edition, but just in case, are you able to see if any of the advice in this post Could not access server error message help troubleshoot the issue at all?

Do let us know if that was effective for you, or if not, where possible can you provide any additional insights as to your current configurations/environment?

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Webb1
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Webb1
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Yes and no we worked out that it was because this person signs in as an administrator which means she reads the server.  We do not have a the server myob just the one that is on a single PC,so she was unable to see it.

I did read something about changing the permissions etc, but we were unable to find out exactly how to do this, so we haven't got any further really.

Thanks

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
803 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Andrew_Y
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

76Solutions

Hello @Webb1 

Thanks for getting back about your progress.  If you believe that using the server edition would be an option as suggested in the linked post, you can find the download for it here MYOB Software Downloads

This link may also be helpful AccountRight library service issues

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post