Unable to login to library files after update.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Audible
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to login to library files after update.

At the end of every financial year, I make a back up file and save it locally for historic record access.

Every now and then, I access these files which has never been a problem until now. 

Specifically, I am trying to access our 2017/2018 file saved on my PC's hard drive which is currently a 2019.3 file as that was the current version the last time I accessed it in October 2019. 

Usually, I have to upgrade the file that I am accessing to the current version, and then it works. 

But now for some reason, I am unable to upgrade and access any historical files in our library. 

Every time, account right will not accept the log in, saying the user is invalid. I have even tried downloading V2019.3 to bypass the need to upgrade the file, but then it will not accept the log in. 

We have not changed our log in users or passwords. 

So why are we now not able to access our library files with the current version? 

I tried calling support, they even had an option to select if you have a problem with log in so it sounds like a common problem, but I was left to die of old age on hold.

Is there a glitch, or I notice that MYOB want payment for fixing log issues, so is Account right now Ransomware?

1 REPLY 1
Audible
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unable to login to library files after update.

Ok, I managed to work out how to fix this.

I went into the user access, to my user profile and re entered the offline password.

So for some reason, the previous offline password had been changed, or corrupted by an update, or one of the many other glitches/bugs in the software. 

So, if anybody else has this problem, try re entering your offline password, and you should be able to access your offline files. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post