MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Unable to open company file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Just_Jeff
3 Posts
User
Just_Jeff

3Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to open company file

I have bought a new PC and installed MYOB AccountRight Basics v2013 (2013.3.15.5477), however when I try to open my company file, I get the error message: "Unable to open company file. To open this company file you need AccountRight Basics 2013.5."

Why can I open my company file on my old computer, but not my new computer, when I am using the same installation CD? Please help. I have been trying to fix this for weeks.

On my old PC, I verify the company file every quarter via phone because our internet connection is very intermittent. I wonder if that PC received updates to the version via the licence files from MYOB?

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,818 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29818Posts

3650Kudos

4377Solutions

Re: Unable to open company file

Hi @Just_Jeff

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Looking at the message that is getting generating when opening that file it does look like you are using AccountRight 2013.5 on the older computer and have upgraded the company file to be used on that version. As you have installed AccountRight 2013.3 on the new computer it will not open that file as it was upgraded to a higher version.

In order to open that company file, you will need AccountRight 2013.5. I have sent you a private message on the MYOB Community Forum in regards to arranging for that installer to be sent out to you. Once you have downloaded and installed AccountRight 2013.5 you should be able to use that company file on the new computer as you would be running the same version as the old computer.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Just_Jeff
3 Posts
User
Just_Jeff

3Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hello Steven,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I have downloaded the installer and when trying to install, it asks me to uninstall the Accountright Basics 2013.3 but now it is coming up with a message to say that windows cannot find C:\Program Files etc etc... (See attached photo).  .....Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.

Can you please tell me how to uninstall the old version of MYOB or a way to solve what is happening.

Regards,

Jeff

MYOB error.gif
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,818 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29818Posts

3650Kudos

4377Solutions

Hi @Just_Jeff

Looking at the particular error message you are encountering it does look a Windows-based error message rather than AccountRight one.  As such, I would recommend speaking to an IT person in regards to that particular error.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Just_Jeff
3 Posts
User
Just_Jeff

3Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

HI Steve,

I have sorted out my problem, as it turned out I was trying to uninstall from the Control Panel when all I had to do was install the MYOB CD and use the remove button and that worked a treat.  Old program removed and your installer loaded and up and running again.  I can’t thank you enough for your help, I have been trying to sort this out for the past 3 months.

Regards,

Jeff.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post