Unable to open local upgraded file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Syl888
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to open local upgraded file

When trying to open an upgraded local file that was 2020.2 at last backup to current version 2021.5.1 the program crashes.

Tried turning off anti virus & firewall, running myob as administrator but still won't open the file.

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Unable to open local upgraded file

Hi @Syl888 

Sounds like the following Forum post: Unable to open recently upgraded company file would be able to assist with that one.

Let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Syl888
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thank you for that information.

I have checked the log but there was no mention of Invalid fingerprint, this was the message:

Unhandled error. : MYOB.Huxley.API.HuxleySecurityException: (MyDotUserNotLinked): ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The company file login failed.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Syl888 

I would expect to see some additional information contained in that file. Can you ensure that you have generated the error/situation in your software and then reviewing that diagnostic file - "Huxley.Application_2021.5.24.4835" located in the Current folder.

Should you require that further assistance with that we would need to grab a copy of that diagnostic file would be ideal.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Syl888
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Sorry, there was a lot of information on that file and thought that was all you needed to see, I have attached it for you to look at now.

This is the "diagnostic log" not the "error log" - hopefully that's what you need.

Thanks 

Sylvia

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Syl888 

Thank you for providing that file.

It looks like a rare case of you aren't getting the exact message but we would still recommend using that tool listed on that post to be run over the file.

My recommendation would be to take a copy of the library file - i.e. navigate to the library location with Windows File Explorer and select to copy that file. Once that copy has been taken, run the tool over the copied (OR original) file. This way you have a fallback position if it doesn't work or generates an error with that file. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Syl888
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thank you so much for your advice, it worked and I was able to open the file!!!

Very happy - take care.

Sylvia

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post