16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to open your company file

I was logged into MYOB and then I had an error message that requested that I restart MYOB.

I did so and now when I try to log in I am getting the following error

UNABLE TO OPEN YOUR COMPANY FILE

This company file requires AccountRight Live Services that are not compatible with your AccountRight software.

An update may be available to download and install. To check for updates, go to the Windows Start Menu and choose Check for MYOB updates.

I can't see this option, I have logged into MYOB website and I can't see any updates available here.

Can anyone urgently help as I have so many deadlines and need access to MYOB!!  HELP Please...

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
104 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

104Posts

60Kudos

4Solutions

Re: Unable to open your company file

I am also having this exact same error. Same behaviour - was working on my file and then MYOB said it had to close. I have already upgraded to 2020.2.1 as soon as the upgrade was announced and have been working on it just fine since then until now.

I guess this is telling me it's bedtime. Hopefully it will be fixed in the morning!
I have attached my error log.

Highlighted
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Me too, unable to open file

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
63 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

63Posts

26Kudos

2Solutions

Same thing just happened to me and it was so sudden.  I've tried restarting my computer (it then updated Windows!), but still having the same problem.  And my error log seems to be exactly the same.  I'll just have to try again in the morning.

Highlighted
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Same issue here! Very frustrating!!

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
63 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

63Posts

26Kudos

2Solutions

@MCM wrote:

I was logged into MYOB and then I had an error message that requested that I restart MYOB.

I did so and now when I try to log in I am getting the following error

UNABLE TO OPEN YOUR COMPANY FILE

This company file requires AccountRight Live Services that are not compatible with your AccountRight software.

An update may be available to download and install. To check for updates, go to the Windows Start Menu and choose Check for MYOB updates.

I can't see this option, I have logged into MYOB website and I can't see any updates available here.

Can anyone urgently help as I have so many deadlines and need access to MYOB!!  HELP Please...

Can you reach anyone from MYOB Support on the phone or webchat now?  If not, maybe try to send a private message to one of the Moderators on this board.  Good Luck!

Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

exactly same for me 

Highlighted
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Same here, I have also upgraded and was in the middle of a quotation, and it just stopped running and said it had to close, then upon trying to log back in, I also had this message which I have never seen before.  Hopefully it will get sorted out very very soon, or it is going to be a very long night waiting.

Deb

Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, getting exactly the same message as all of you and happened so suddenly in the middle of working, froze up and made me get out.  I log in remotely so tried logging in from my personal login and still no good.  So frustrating.  Please let it be fixed in the morning.

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have exactly the same problem.

myob.PNG

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or