Unable to see MYOX company files on server

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Nansco_08
Trusted User
79 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

79Posts

6Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to see MYOX company files on server

Hi,

I am unable to see company file on server. When I browse than selectt the file to open, an overide message pops up asking to replace the file. The file is there but I can't see it.

Also when I open AccountRight 2020.3 SE I get an error message as attached.

Please adviseError when openin AccountRight SE2020.3.PNG

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Unable to see MYOX company files on server

Hi @Nansco_08 

Can you please confirm on what version you're unable to see the files on the server? The .myox files if saved in the library location can be opened straightway by going to Open a company file on the software. However, as you said that you're browsing to a specific location, you could be opening it on a previous version which would not work. 

The error message that you're getting while opening AccountRight 2020.3 could be related to the incompatibility between the version of the software you're using and your operating system. Therefore, can you please confirm what operating system you're on. Often, it has been observed that rebooting the computer fixes this issue. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Nansco_08
Trusted User
79 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

79Posts

6Kudos

5Solutions

Hi Komal,

I'm using AccountRight 2020.3 Premier.

Yes, when I open the company file,  I should be able to see the file in the library location. The problem is that I cannot see the file. It is like the file is hidden. So I try browsing back to the network library to reselect the file to open. Now when I click the file again, MYOB asks me if I want to overide the file, so meaning the file is there but I just can't see it. Do let me know if that makes sense.

Regards

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @Nansco_08 

There are a whole lot of reasons why you cannot see the file in the library - MYOB's library Service which runs in the background is easy to trip and through long and hard experience of MYOB just not admitting to an install problem with this part I have worked out how to resolve most of these problems.

Firstly you can - well I have never been able to - open the file directly - MYOB just doesn't allow this - which you could do with the old version.

The file has to be in the library.

What you haven't said is why you cannot now see the file in the library when, it seems you could before - suggesting you have re-installed or installed 2020.3 (which is now dated) or for some other reason.

What server are you running on.

Typically - MYOB installs on a Server into Users\Public\Documments\MYOB\My AccountRight Files

And that is where it will look for it by default - even if the library Service has errored - it looks in the default.

I hate this location - and prefer C:\MYOBData\AccountRight\ remembering to make the permissions writable to 'USERS' which it is not by default.

However to make that work you have to go into the utilities under MYOB - and use Change Library Location to change it to wherever it is - even if it is the default.

If you are getting an error just on opening MYOB before you select a file - from 'Recent Files Opened' on the right side then you need to do a complete uninstall - complete - do not just uninstall through control panel - stop ALL 4 services associated with MYOB through Task Manager - if the Library Service gives an error on trying to stop it (a common problem - and possibly giving you the grief) - go into services through Administrator and select this service to manual - now reboot the server - this service will remain stopped - stop the other 3 - now uninstall.

Reinstall using the SE version - I prefer this version as it has a full payload and it will install anything missing.

Now open MYOB and you should see your files for opening - if not - use the Change Library utility to point it to where your MYOB file resides.

Hopefully that should fix  the problem - if these instructions are too complex your tech guy should be able to do this.

If you still have problem email me privately.

The Doc

Nansco_08
Trusted User
79 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

79Posts

6Kudos

5Solutions

Hi ,

Did all the steps you mentioned and seems to be ok but now I'm starting to think the issue is with the file.

I tried puting in files of other back ups into the folder and could see them but couldn't see this particular file.

This file is important because it was an upgrade from an older version to 2020.3 which used up my license quota so I need this file to show or can this file be deactivated and I redo the upgrade process again on a different file.

Thanks

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @Nansco_08 

I have seen that happen - I right clicked and copied a file and moved it and couldn't see it - some sort of internal flag whic I haven't been able to identify.

Make a backup of it before you play with it.

Now Right click and make a copy - rename it but make sure it has the extension .myox

Let us try another trick - open the chrome internet browser and type in the following

http://localhost:8080/AccountRight/

you SHOuld - if the API connector is running get a list of all the MYOB files on your server - see if your file you are trying to open is listed.

When you copy right click the file - and make sure is visible and not read only.

The other thing you can do - is compress it - password it and load it to a box in the sky - I can give you one (and I can see if I can see it on my server in the library - I do not need to open it just see it.

Anyways have a go at all the above and let me know off forum how you go.

The Doc

Nansco_08
Trusted User
79 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

79Posts

6Kudos

5Solutions

Hi Doc,

I tried puting the link below in the browser and guess what, the file does not show. Every other file I could see but not this file. Very strange. Is there a way to deactivate this file and activate another file?

http://localhost:8080/AccountRight/

Thanks

Nansco

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Nansco_08 

Yes make a backup - right click and copy it - it will be given the name xxxxxxx - a copy.myox

Now change the extension on the old file to say .myoxxxx - that will stop the MYOB system seeing it.

Right click the copied file - go to properties and make sure under general that the Read-only and the Hidden flags are unticked.

Now try the http://localHost:8080/AccountRight/ again and see if you can see it.

If you can't compress it and send it to me - I don't need to open it - let me try and sort this.

Regards The Doc

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post