Unable to upgrade Data file due to multi-currency transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to upgrade Data file due to multi-currency transactions

Hi there,

We were advised by MYOB that we could now upgrade our MYOB to the new AccountRight 2019, as it had multi-currency support. Our IT team have attempted upgrading the datafile, both offline and to the cloud. Both have resulted in a failure, stating that due to multi-currency transactions, the datafile cannot be upgraded. Error for the online upgrade attached. Please advise.

2019-05-17_1555.png
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,946 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,946Posts

1,706Kudos

234Solutions

Re: Unable to upgrade Data file due to multi-currency transactions

Hi @Fi100 

Sorry to hear you are having issues.   At the moment you can only upgrade ONLINE (just so you know however I see you tried this as well). 

Presuming you have upgraded to the latest version released in the last week 2019.2 - Refer to this link What can and cant be done with multicurrency in AccountRight

At the moment you can't upgrade if following applies 

• Use professional or miscellaneous layouts.

• Create or use recurring transaction templates for foreign transactions.

• View foreign currency information in accounts payable and accounts receivable.

• Report on outstanding foreign currency balances (unrealised gains/losses).

• Use multi-currency end points from the AccountRight API.

• Your local currency can be AUD or NZD.

• Import sales.
  • Export foreign transactions.

Looking at this list does any of these apply to your V19 file?

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
https://twopeas.com.au/covid-19-resources/
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, we do use multi currency transactions. We went to the MYOB PTS training and I’ve spoken to MYOB last week and they said we can now do the upgrade to online as multi currency is now fixed??

Is this not the case?
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,794 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,794Posts

5,141Kudos

5,549Solutions

Hi @Fi100 

I would recommend taking a look at Help Article: Upgrade a Premier multi-currency company file which does outline the process for upgrading those files. In addition to that, it does outline what can stop files from upgrading to AccountRight 2019.2.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

36Kudos

0Solutions

We are in the same boat, I've checked everything, purged the living daylights out of the file but still get the same error.

to MYOB:

You know it would be really helpful (and obvious) if you could please provide a log of transactions, entries or whatever it is that is causing the inability to upgrade. This set of generic issues is not helpful and effectively is sending your customers on a fishing expedition.

Alternatively please open up a channel so that we may submit our file for review as frankly I can not waste any more time on this.

We've already selected another vendor for Payroll now and the only thing holding us back from dropping MYOB completely is the massive investment we've made over the years with our integrations and workflow.

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

This is absolutely ridiculous and a waste of time! We managed to get through for the tech consultant to send us a form to till our and resist the migration team look at our data file to fix the issue.... we did so on and no response from the migration team at all. It’s now Thursday which they should have fixed our issue by now??? I have called MYOB to request they put my call directly to the migration team to say they can’t do that and now have me on hold for over an hour for the tech team!!!
MYOB please get your act together and have someone call me ASAP!
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

We have been given a form to fill out so that the migration team can contact us to retrive our data file for them to fix this issue.... This form was complete and sent to MYOB  on Monday!! they said if they receive it on Monday they can turn it around and have the file fixed for Thursday - that being today!!

We have not heard from the migration team at all and I have been on hold now for over 1.5 hours to try and speak to someone!!!

This is an absolute nightmare and a complete wast of productivity!  Please escalate this as a matter of urgency and have someone call me immediately.

Regards.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,794 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,794Posts

5,141Kudos

5,549Solutions

Hi @Fi100 

I understand that you have since spoken with our team who have arranged for a copy of the file to be sent in so we can look into the file to see what is possibly preventing that file from upgrading.

If you have any further enquiries don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

36Kudos

0Solutions

The Data Migration team managed to successfully upgrade our file overnight which is good so we can continue testing ahead of FYE.

I've asked for information about what was causing the issue with the self-upgrade and if I get to the bottom of it I will post here.

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I agree with boundtoimpress that MYOB should produce a error log so we can identify where is the problem exactly

I also noticed I can upgrade file offline, but it doesn't allow multi-currency file, then what is the point of this offline upgrading? 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post