Unable to upgrade as file is checked out

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
ActiveEmbroider
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to upgrade as file is checked out

Hello,

We have been trying to complete the closing of a payroll year. We are at step 5 which is to updage the PAYG tax tables, however when we try this, a dialog box stating that the 'file needs upgrading but is checked out' appears.

We are currently running version 2018.3 as this is the only version which lets us open up and use MYOB.

account right.jpg

file checked out.jpg

We know that no files are checked out, yet we cannot access the new update.

We have contacted your telephone support for the past week with no success.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,862 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,862Posts

1,400Kudos

1,679Solutions

Re: Unable to upgrade as file is checked out

HI @ActiveEmbroider 

In the bottom right hand corner of the screen when you have that file open, what colour is the bar? If it is orange this means that the file is checked out and will need to be checked in to continue.

In contrast if the online file is in a read only mode this means that the file has been checked out and the file needs to be checked in to continue.

As AccountRight 2018.3 is the only version you can open the file in, this suggests the file has been checked out as the online servers for that version have previously been decommissioned. As a result getting the file back online will involve a couple of steps

First the checked out file will need to be backed up by going to File >> Back Up. Once backed up the file can be returned to being online through File >> Undo Check Out (Discard Changes). The backup will then need to be restored locally and upgraded to the latest version, before being backed up again. Now that the file with all of the current information is in the latest version in a backup that backup will need to be restored online

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ActiveEmbroider
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

We have a green bar at the bottom saying 'online' and the file was synced yesterday.

Former Staff Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

150Kudos

78Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @ActiveEmbroider 

Thanks for your update.  I see from your recent interactions that it appears you have been in touch with our other support lines regarding this issue and just wanted to confirm that you have now come to a satisfactory resolution to this issue?  If so, I ask that you mark this thread solved so that others may find appropriate avenues of help easier.

If you are still having issues with Checking out and Checking In please don't hesitate to let us know.   I hope that you have found your time on the forums and other support channels useful.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post