Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Uninstall or cancel message upon installing new version

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User Florrie
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Florrie
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Uninstall or cancel message upon installing new version

My MYOB only gave me the 2016.3 upgrade today. I spent 2 hours waiting (yes, I have fuzzy internet connection at the moment) and finally arrived at a setup screen with two options (one was uninstall, the other was equally unappealing.) I tried the less threatening option first and it asked me if I want to quit the install. So I cancelled out of that and then I crossed my fingers and clicked uninstall. Which I think may have happened as nothing has upgraded. Why did I just waste two hours tight in the middle of trying to get my BAS finished? Is there an upgrade or not? Although reading through these comments maybe I have delayed a not too exciting event.

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,038 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31038Posts

3923Kudos

4519Solutions

Re: Unistall or cancel message upon installing new version

Hi @Florrie

When installing AccountRight 2016 versions on your computer you may encounter the following message upon selecting to install the new version:

Attachments.PNG

This message actually indicates that you already have that version of the program installed on the computer and its asking you to modify the setup i.e. uninstall the program. 

If you do encounter this message do select to close that installation (as in theory its already been installed on that computer). Once closed do take a look on your Desktop for the version of the program you are installing i.e. AccountRight 2016.3. If you are unable to find that go to your Windows Start Menu and select All Programs>>MYOB to see if you have a MYOB AccountRight 2016.3 folder and application to which you can select to use the new version.

Alternatively you could select to uninstall option on that Modify Setup message, which will uninstall the program. Once uninstall run the installer again to reinstall the program onto the computer.

When that new version has been installed on your computer do use that new icon going forward. You may have to replace it with old version with the new one if you have pinned it to the Start Menu or Task bar.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User bee-13
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
bee-13
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks guys your advise has been helpful. It is  now installing although it has been doing this for over an hour. Is this right?

16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
bee-13
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

how long should upgrade take? there is no progress bar, will it come up with another window?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,038 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31038Posts

3923Kudos

4519Solutions

Hi @bee-13

I would expect the installing of the PC Edition to take that long, generally it would be 5-10 minutes depending on system, certainly not hours. My recommendation would be to ensure that AccountRight is closed and temporarily disable other programs that may be running i.e. anti virus, firewall and third party backup programs before running the installer.

Once that installer has been run and you have AccountRight 2016.3 installed you can go to Open a company file select the required file to upgrade it. This process will take around 5 minutes depending on file size.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
bee-13
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven. It has worked okay. Do I need to uninstall the previous version?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,038 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31038Posts

3923Kudos

4519Solutions

Hi @bee-13

Fantastic, great to hear.

You are welcome to uninstall the previous version if required. It can be uninstalled via the Control Panel like other programs.

Although my recommendation is give it a few days to ensure that the new version is working as intended before uninstalling the older one.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
bee-13
Experienced Cover User