Update Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Gloria64
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Update Error

I just spent 195 minutes waiting on the phone for someone at MYOB to help me, only to be hung up on!  Totally not acceptable.  To say that I am furious is a complete understatement.

I am trying to update the Company file (desktop). However the update is failing, there is nothing wrong with my internet. If I select 'Update Later', this doesn't make a difference - it wants me to update now.

I am using Accountright v.2022.8.0.  It is wanting me to update to 2022.9

What do I do now?  I absolutely refuse to waste another 195 minutes or more by calling the 1300 number!

By the way, I have sent a complaint directly to Greg Ellis.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Update Error

Hi @Gloria64 

Generally speaking, when you select the Update Now option when prompted to install a new version the software would download and install the update. When you next open the application the new version would be installed. Based on the message, you have received it does appear that the download and installation have failed. 

If you have encountered that message I would recommend ensuring you have completed the troubleshooting basics i.e. closing the software down and then trying again, restarting the computer, turning off third-party programs that may be running (other applications, automated backup software) ... 

Should the application still generate that message after trying those basic troubleshooting steps, an uninstall of the software then a reinstall would be the recommended approach.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post