Update notification for 2020.3

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Update notification for 2020.3

Previously we have been alerted to a new MYOB version by a banner displayed at logon. However, availability of Ver 2020.3 was not alerted by a banner or email notification. As a result, we were unaware of the update.

In addition, Chrome gives a warning on downloading the .exe file which the user has to override

Have I missed something?  

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Update notification for 2020.3

Hi @Keith_W 

With the release of AccountRight 2020.3, a different update process has been followed. As a result, rather than in-product messaging, we've used email communications to alert clients of the upgrade, with those email communication being staggered over a week and half period in late September/early August - sorry to hear that you haven't received those emails.

If you are needing to know what is included in the newer version do check out AccountRight 2020.3 is now available. Help Article: Getting the latest version talks about how to access the latest version. Note: We are aware that some clients are encountering an error when downloading alerting users to an unsafe download. The AccountRight 2020.3 is a safe version of the application. You may need to download with another browser if you are encountering those messages.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for your reply & explanation, Stephen

Can you please record my disappointment at this change of notification method. Working across multiple sites, the software banner worked effectively in notifying all users in real time & provided a most useful 'Update Now' button.

Secondly, I am disappointed that MYOB developers did not ensure that the update worked seamlessly with Google Chrome as it is the most common & popular browser.

Regards

Keith

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Keith_W 

Thank you for your additional feedback on this upgrade's release process, I've shared them with the team.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

ASparks
Trusted Cover User
73 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

73Posts

1Kudos

3Solutions

@Steven_M I just came accross this thread.  I also was unaware of the update and have not received an email.  How do I get the update?

Thanks

Annette

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @ASparks

Thank you for your post. You can download the latest version via your MY.myob account or our downloads page has the download available.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ASparks
Trusted Cover User
73 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

73Posts

1Kudos

3Solutions

@Melisa_D which version do I download - PC edition or server edition?  

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @ASparks

If you're working on a local computer, you can download the PC edition. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tags
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I call the people that change useful notification processes into tasks that force users to do things manually UIs - useful idiots.

In the middle of my payrun MYOB, bless its cotton socks, decided it couldn't sent the payroll report file to the ATO becasue I was running an old version.

I didn't know it was an old version because:

1/ MYOB have switched off the handy update notification.

2/ I don't receive those mysterious emails informing me of an update - it's amazing how much myob mail gets marked as spam.

3/ My life doesn't revolve around visiting the my myob site just in case myob might want me to do something as mundane as another myob update.

So I ended up manging to process payroll but not send the report to the ATO and have to do this manually. I know that the process is relatively simple but I really rather wish I didn't have to do it at all.

If you are going to punch up a "oh I can't do that message because you are not running the latest version" message, then do it at the start of the process not at the penultimate step. Just think about the workflow process and what the pre-conditions are before initiating the workflow.

Better still bring back the previous auto notification message and send the UI who had the idea to change it in the first place back to the marketing (or accounts) department where those sort of ideas get discussed over muffins and coffee.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post