96 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

96Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

Upgrade Account Right 2021.2.0

I am running the Server Edition of Account Right Plus AU 2021.1.0  - and I was prompted to update to Account Right 2021.2.0, so I did so.

The problem is - there are 3 other PC editions running in the business, and I have not been able to upgrade them to the version 2021.2.0 - so consequently they cannot use MYOB as it pops up and says that they must upgrade to 2021.2.0.  However, when I try to upgrade their computers it is unsuccessful.

PLEASE HELP - as now they cannot use MYOB on their computers.

5 REPLIES 5
Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
4,451 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,451Posts

330Kudos

467Solutions

Re: Upgrade Account Right 2021.2.0

Hi @cramptons

Thank you for your post. This situation that your experiencing is due to the AccountRight 2021.2 release is currently only available for Server Edition. Once AccountRight 2021.2 has been fully released, existing AccountRight 2021.1 users being automatically upgraded, this process should allow you to upgrade that application. 

In the meantime, you can download a copy of the AccountRight 2021.2 Server edition from your my.MYOB account. Additionally, as a result of the release of automatic updates for AccountRight PC Edition, you now need to install Server Edition on all computers accessing a company file on a network. See Updating an AccountRight network.

Please do let us know how you go. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,158Posts

245Kudos

132Solutions

Hi @Melisa_D 

Oh boy MYOB this is already getting silly - this is going to become messy - notwithstanding you are introducing auto-updating for the SE later this year - pray tell me how you are going to do this on a TS where ONLY the administrator can initiate this upgrade.

And yes this updating has already become crazy and messy. I doubt I am the only one pulling my hair out over this crazy thing.

At work we run a Terminal Server for our staff to use MYOB (which is online) - this enables us to to monitor and control all who use MYOB - and to prevent access from unwanted people - and also to prevent access outside.

So this MYOB file is opened by staff from a Terminal SErver - version SE.

I get the notice to upgrade the SE version - I do - Sunday night done - I then go online from the server and upgrade the MYOB file in the cloud to 2021.2

However, not realising that (oh only the SE version 2021.2 has been released) - I work on the business MYOB file from my laptop at home - the PC version - can't open the business file as it is now 2021.2 - ok no problem my PC version should be automatically upgraded - WRONG - it isn't released for it YET!!!!!WOW MYOB great move.

So now to open my business file I download the SE version of 2021.2 and install it on my laptop - leaving the PC version as 2021.1 (but guess what is going to happen) the PC update will be released and my PC version will automatically update and I will have 2 versions of 2021.2 on my laptop and no 2021.1 version.

I need the API to work also and MYOB only allows 1 install of the API - so it is the latest 2021.2 - but what if I needed 2021.1 because my clients files are 2021.1 .................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the problem MYOB and this is just going to end up with a lot of very old and experienced users say MYOB that was ill conceived.

Dear me MYOB - sighhhhhhh

The Doc

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,421 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,421Posts

5,478Kudos

5,969Solutions

Hi @The_Doc 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the release of AccountRight 2021.2

As has been indicated, AccountRight 2021.2 is currently only released to our Partner Community as the Server Edition. This is has been released ahead of the PC Edition of the software, which is scheduled for later this week (at this stage) when the general release of that version is available to all users. Existing users on the AccountRight 2021.1 version will be automatically updated.

Due to the nature of the release cycle and the way in-product messaging does work users will encounter a upgrade prompt that may not work as fully expected until that PC Edition has been fully may available. However, in saying that, if you do require a copy of the Server Edition of AccountRight 2021.2 to install on the required computers you are welcome to obtain a copy from your my.MYOB account. Note: If you are using the Server Edition to shared offline files across a network all users should be running the Server Edition of the software.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Jadcotime
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I opened my file (saved on my PC) also and upgraded to 2021.2.1  - now MYOB has error message and won't open my file at all.   "Huxley application has stopped working."    - Keeping other company files in 2021.1.1 don't have a problem  - but now how am I suppose to work on my file that won't open at all  -    Frustrating. 

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,421 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,421Posts

5,478Kudos

5,969Solutions

Hi @Jadcotime 

I would have it a guess that you might need to arrange for the file to be run through the tool that is available on Unable to open AccountRight file before you open that file in AccountRight. In saying that, if you would like to provide a copy of the diagnostic file we'll be happy to see if that is the case.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post