Upgrade from AR Plus (19.4) to AR Premier (19.4)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JoeW
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrade from AR Plus (19.4) to AR Premier (19.4)

I currently have AR Plus 19.4 on a monthly subscription, one company file.

I now require multicurrency and so am looking to upgrade my current subscription to Premier. I only use and will be only using one company file.

From what I can read in other Community forum posts this is as simple as paying the new monthly price and having MYOB upgrade my license behind the scenes. I'd love it to be that simple - and fast, as I have many tasks halted while I wait for this.

Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Upgrade from AR Plus (19.4) to AR Premier (19.4)

Hi @JoeW 

With the AccountRight 2019 product range, it is pretty simple to upgrade to a higher version of the product. This is due to the fact that when you install AccountRight 2019 it installs all the product levels (Basics, Standard, Plus, Premier). The company file will denote what product level to open up with. 

In terms of your situation, I have set you out a quote via email to upgrade your perpetual licence to AccountRight Premier. Note: There is an upfront cost and an increase in the subscription cost

Should you wish to accept and process that quote, you would be able to open the required company file and go to Help>>Change Product. This will allow you to change the product to be Premier and confirm the file. After that process has been completed, you would be able to enable multi-currency (Setup>>Preferences>>System>>I Deal in multi-currencies).

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

JoeW
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven,

Good morning and thanks for responding quickly.

My mistake: I have AR 2019.4, not 19.4. Does that change your answer & quote with respect to the upfront fee? I note that if I buy MYOB AR Premier 2019.4 today as a new customer, I am not charged any upfront fee, just the monthly subscription fee. (I further note that I'd get 50% off that monthly fee for 3 months, so I'll try my luck and ask for that also... Smiley Wink )

Cheers,

Joe

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @JoeW 

There is no AccountRight v19.4 so I assumed you originally meant AccountRight 2019.4 and responding according to that product version.

The quote is correct for your perpetual licence. As you have a perpetual licence i.e. you own the serial number there is an upfront cost to upgrade that serial number to AccountRight Premier. This will allow the user to upgrade all company files on that serial number to AccountRight Premier. There is also a subscription increase to change the current AccountRight Plus subscription to AccountRight Premier.

You mentioned the website if purchased through the website it would give you a subscription licence. The difference between a subscription and perpetual licence is that if you cancel your subscription with a subscription licence you would not be able to continue to use the company file after that subscription end date. With a perpetual licence, you can continue to use the company file (without Live services) after you cancel your subscription.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

JoeW
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

That's quite the upfront fee. Thank you for explaining why it's there.

Perhaps a silly question but are you quite sure I have a perpetual license? I seem to recall being unable to open my file when my subscription lapsed once, and when I look under My Products on my.myob.com.au I only see a subscription.

Or perhaps an even sillier question: can I downgrade from perpetual when moving to Premier and have a subscription-only version of that? Or any other trick with licensing to get rid of that upfront fee?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @JoeW 

Serial number ending in 5210 is a currently an AccountRight Plus perpetual licence with an active AccountRight subscription. 

Generally speaking, you would go from a subscription-based asset to a perpetual based asset. However, should you wish to go for a subscription-based asset for AccountRight Premier you would be looking at changing the serial number of the company file. As you have bank feeds, cloud access and pay Superannuation on the current company file already, we would need to arrange for the file to come in to have the serial number stripped, we would then need to arrange for the movement of the bank feeds to the new company file along with cancellation of pay superannuation and the re-application on the "new file".

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

JoeW
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

I appreciate how flexible and imaginative you're being, thank you!

That sounds like a lot of work, and not something we could do in time to meet my short-term tasks. Leave it with me to think about. At least I know what to ask for if I do go ahead with this plan.

Thanks again.

JoeW
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Leaving aside the commercial aspects of perpetual vs. subscription-only pricing for the moment, do you have a sense of how long a turnaround we might be looking at for your suggested plan:

Generally speaking, you would go from a subscription-based asset to a perpetual based asset. However, should you wish to go for a subscription-based asset for AccountRight Premier you would be looking at changing the serial number of the company file. As you have bank feeds, cloud access and pay Superannuation on the current company file already, we would need to arrange for the file to come in to have the serial number stripped, we would then need to arrange for the movement of the bank feeds to the new company file along with cancellation of pay superannuation and the re-application on the "new file".

Don't count any time needed to re-setup bank feeds and pay superannuation - I can live without those in the short-term - I'm wondering how long I'd lose access to the file for the serial number and license change.

Asking because manually working around with multiple CA currency clearing accounts looks like it will get very messy very quickly, and I'm trying to judge what is my least painful short-term action.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @JoeW 

When a company file comes in for serial number removal for AccountRight 2019 we would need for the user to take a backup of the company file. This file does then need to be uploaded to our secure FTP account so that our team can collect and return it to you the user once the serial number has been stripped.

Due to the nature of the request, we are not able to provide an exact timeframe for when that company file will be returned to the user. However, generally speaking, due to the impact Serial Number Requests do have a quicker turnaround time than other requests of that team.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

JoeW
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Steven_M ,

Let's do it: alter the license from perpetual Plus to subscription Premier, with such serial-number shenanigans as are required. I can revisit the possibility of upfront payments to convert back to perpetual later.

(I've been playing around with trying to simulate multi-currency in Plus and ... I've clearly outgrown my old methods now that I have multiple contra payments each in multiple currencies hanging off a single invoice, with many such invoices.)

I'm standing by to upload a fresh backup once you give me the SFTP details.

Thanks again for all your help!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post