Australia
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrade from Account Right Plus 19.16 to Account Right 2019.2

Hi All,

I'm having a lot of trouble moving from AccountRight Plus 19.16 to AccountRight 2019.2. I believe I need to add my company file to the library in 2019.2, but when I go to look for it, I cant find it, even though it is there somewhere as I backed it up a few times on the pc and on usbs etc

Ive spent about 3 hours on hold with myob yesterday and I still cant work out the problem, any advise would be apprecizted. Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,423 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,423Posts

2,231Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Upgrade from Account Right Plus 19.16 to Account Right 2019.2

@Jowe 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

You are upgrading from V19.16 to 2019.2.1, then I assume you have a current subscription.

Open your current desktop V19 file and make sure you have taken a backup of your existing file and make a note of where the file is stored on you computer.

Note that you MUST be the administrator or owner of the file to upgrade the file.

Download the AccountRight 2019.2.1 software from the MYOB Download centre or your my.myob pages download section.

Run the installer.

Double click on the desktop icon and the Welcome window opens.

On the left choose Upgrade a company file.

When the upgrade assistant opens have a read then click on "don't have an internet connection"

Tick the box "I want to upgrade offline" this will upgrade your file to the desktop. You can go online later after you have checked that everything is ok with the new file.

Click Continue

Select you existing company file, enter the administrator password ( if no password leave blank) and enter the name for the new file. This should be slightly different to the old name.

Click Upgrade.

The upgrade process may take a bit of time depending on the size of your file.

When finished the new file will appear in the right hand side of the Welcome window with (my Library) beside it.

The (my Library) indicates that the file is desktop only not online.

Open the file by clicking on it and check everything is ok.

Also have a read of the post on Post Migration Tasks.

When you are ready to put the file online click on the purple box in the bottom right and follow the go online instructions.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Jowe
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Upgrade from Account Right Plus 19.16 to Account Right 2019.2

Oh my goodness, thank you so so much for your help, its all done now, I was thinking it was going to take me all day tomorrow on and off hold to MYOB to get this sorted, but its all done and taken the stress out of the rest of my week. Thanks so much 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post