Upgrade from Accounting Plus 12

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
quasar
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrade from Accounting Plus 12

I've been using version 12 for years and recently thought I would upgrade to a version that could take bank feeds.  I have spoken to support but they were not able to help at the time and said they would get back to me.  I'm still waiting.

In the meantime, I have checked the online version using the trial and found that the invoices can only be customised a little.  I have a number of things I need on an invoice that are not available.  Apparently I would need a version of MYOB instaslled on my Desktop.  From what I understand I would need to pay over $100 per month for that feature which is excessive for my small business.

Am I able to just upgrade my existing version 12 to the latest Desktop version without needing the online subscription?

Any help would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,954 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,954Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Upgrade from Accounting Plus 12

Hi @quasar 

You need a subscription for bank feeds. 

In the past, taking out a subscription for 12 months would upgrade your existing licence to the latest version - speak to MYOB about this to see if it still applies. After the 12 months you could end the subscription and keep using MYOB offline. 

If you have an existing licence and a subscription, this entitles you to use Live Services (this includes hosting your file online, STP Reporting, Bank Feeds etc).

While bank feeds can be useful if used correctly, the cost would considerably outweigh the benefit (IMHO) if this is what you are after.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
quasar
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Upgrade from Accounting Plus 12

Many thanks for your reply Gavin. 

Looks like you may be right that the cost is just not worth it. 

Looks like my old faithful version will live to see another few years service. Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post