Upgrade from old MYOB File

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Webb1
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

74Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrade from old MYOB File

Hi, I have to get some information regarding an old client, this relates to printing off old invoices, the problem I have is that I can see the information I need on an older edition of the file but I can't open it or print it.  So I have gone back further and found the year it relates to, this year we were using Version 16.  I have tried to upgrade but it says I can't do this.  Can anyone help me here as its quite important that I get this information off this file.

Later editions don't seem to have the problem.

Thanks

Lisa

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Upgrade from old MYOB File

Hi @Webb1 

If the company file is only required to be viewed i.e. to get some printouts, why not just upgrade that company file to the latest version of the software? This can be done via selecting Upgrade on the Welcome Window in AccountRight 2021 and following the prompts.

If the file is a very old file, your best bet is to actually use AccountRight v19 to upgrade the file to get that insight. Should you require a download link for that check out our Product Downloads page, if you are just needing information on the upgrade to AccountRight v19 - AccountRight v19 Support Note: Updating to AccountRight v19.16 has got you sorted.

Note: If you are upgrading that file, it is likely not licensed for those newer versions and thus may prompt for confirmation. Select to Confirm Later/place the file in read-only mode. This should still allow you to open the file and complete some reports. You will not be able to return the file to the client OR continue to use that file if it is not licensed for that version of the file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Webb1
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

74Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven

Thanks for your reply but I have tried to upgrade to version 19 and it says it can't do it.  I can see the information I need on a later file but am unable to print anything that is why I needed to upgrade the earlier version.

I'll try again but I think I am just going to get the same message.

Thanks

Lisa

Webb1
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

74Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven

Clicked on your page and have downloaded version 16, I will see how that goes.

Thanks Lisa

Webb1
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

74Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven

Have found what I needed by restoring an old backup copy.

Thanks for your help didn't realise you could still download old versions that is good to know

Lisa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post