Upgrade to 2015.4 issue

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User Nise
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Upgrade to 2015.4 issue

I have done the new upgrade and now find that when I am trying to send remittances the email address section is blank even though there is an email address on the card.

This is extremely annoying when you are sending out bulk remittances.  Didnt have an issue until the new upgrade

Help!!

8 REPLIES 8
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Re: Upgrade to 2015.4 issue

Hi @Nise

Its great to hear that you have managed to install AccountRight 2015.4.  One of the exciting new features of the AccountRight 2015.4 is the ability to set default settings for your remittance advices. As part of this process a new field has been added to the Supplier's Card in the Payment Details field - Remittance Advice Delivery Status. If you set this to be "To be Emailed" it will prompt you to enter in an email address . This email address is the one that determines where you would like to email the remittance advice to and can be different from what is on the card.

Along with this field, two additional fields have been added to the Import/Export Assistant for Supplier Cards - Remittance Address and Remittance Method. This allows for clients that have a large number of cards that would like to update their remittance advices to be done in bulk. For more information into this process please see Help Article: Bulk update customer and supplier cards

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User Nise
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the info Steven

However that does not really answer my question.  We were working perfectly well where if you selected "email remittance" as part of the payment process the email address would automatically be in the "email remittance" area and we could just tick and send.  NOW the email address is not even evident and we cant email.  I DO NOT want to have to go into every card and change the default.  Why has it changed when that function worked perfectly well??

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Hi @Nise

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the remittance advice settings in AccountRight 2015.4

The option to set the default remittance advice settings for transactions was one of the most popular ideas on the AccountRight Idea Exchange - Remittance Advice - default settings. I admit that is a bit of work to get those default remittance advices setup and email addresses added, however the addition of those export fields allow for the process to be done in Excel to make the process as easy as possible.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

JenyyA
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Did uprade now cant print or email remittance advice. Rread other solution did adjustment on supplier card and it still crashed the sytem every time.

How annoying is this do you mean I have to go back into suppliers card and change each one. I tried it for 1 supplier and my MYOB still crashed.

Wherre is the phone number so I can talk to a person for help?. This is just not good enough. I need this fixed now.

MYOB has crashed 5 times

Contributing Cover User Hjv
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yep, I have followed Stevens advice, and it does work,but as he says its a bit of work setting each supplier up in the payment tab to remittance preference. I was excited when I saw that this matter had been addressed for the upgrade, but quickly disappointed at the extra time it will take today to set this up. oh well, back to it
JenyyA
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Glad yours has worked I've just gone through all my supplier cards and done the same then tried to email a remittance and myob crashed again.
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

HI @JenyyA

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

So we can investigate further for you would you mind providing more details such as:

• Are you getting an error message? If so what is the exact error message
  • When exactly is the error message occurring?
  • Where is the company file saved? i.e. locally or online
  • Does the error message happen for all remittance advices or only some?
  • Are you using a default customise form or a default forum? i.e. Select the Advance Filters button in the relevant tab>>Selected form for Remittance advice is set to be Remittance Advice Pay Bills or something else.
  • Are you able to print/email other documents from AccountRight i.e. Invoices? Purchases?
  • Do you get the same result if you are using the sample company file i.e. Clearwater? Clearwater can be accessed via selecting Explore the Sample Company file from the Welcome Window and then navigating to the required company file to open it.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Hi @Hjv

Fantastic, its great to hear that you have managed to set the remittance advices for your suppliers.

You might like to take a look at Help Article: Bulk update customer and supplier cards if you do have a lot of cards and would quickly like to add in the a remittance advice setting for them along with an address.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post