Upgrade to ARL went to cloud when it was suppose to go to desktop??

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

708Kudos

234Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrade to ARL went to cloud when it was suppose to go to desktop??

Hi MYOB,

SN XXXX 6778

ABN XXXX 8037

A client has asked me to upgrade some old V19 back ups for prior FY to ARL and then have them open as read only.  This is so the client has all the historical data if they need to look back on any history. 

Anyway I upgraded the file (this is the screen shot below) looking back on this there is no company file name and the boxes are greyed out.    I didn't notice this at the time and now the file upgraded online.. but I didn't tick that option?

Just tested it on the next file and the same issue on this screen below?

What is going on?

Upgrade Issue.jpg

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae
2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Upgrade to ARL went to cloud when it was suppose to go to desktop??

Hi @CloudMindAcc 

Typically, when restoring a company file and there is no company file listed in the Company File Name section it would indicate that the company file you are trying to restore is not a myox file but an AccountRight Classic (v19 or below) file.

When the user does attempt to restore those files, once they have selected Restore on the Restore Backup window the system will generate the Upgrade Assistant, which will prompt you through the upgrade of that file. At this point you can select whether you wish to upgrade that file online or locally - you need to select the Don't have access to the Internet? I want to upgrade locally option if you want to upgrade locally.

Attachment.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

708Kudos

234Solutions

Re: Upgrade to ARL went to cloud when it was suppose to go to desktop??

Thanks @Steven_M  that was a rookie error on my partSmiley Frustrated.  What was I thinking.. I missed the step to actually upgrade the file.   I am worried it will override the LIVE real file now.    I have sent you a PM can you please kindly stop the file from restoring at the back end?

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post