User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgraded from 2020.1 to 2020.2 - Company file is now smaller

Hi,

We run Account Right in offline mode only and today I set aside time to update to the latest version to hopefully fix some crashing issues we had been having in version 2019.4.

I installed version 2020.1 first and upgraded the company file as requested and it worked fine.

I then installed 2020.2 and it again upgraded the company file. This time it took a minute or so to upgrade but also appeared to work fine, however I noticed that the company file was now smaller than it had been previously (199Mb down to 153Mb).

Is it expected that the 2020.2 file upgrade proceedure would reduce the company file size somehow?

Thanks,

Simon

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

165Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Upgraded from 2020.1 to 2020.2 - Company file is now smaller

Hello @GREng 

With the release of AccountRight 2020.2, a change was made to the database structure, in that company files are now stored on the newer version of Microsoft SQL Server CE. With this change, clients may see a decrease in file size and backup size. This is normal and nothing to be concerned about, when making the change to 2020.2. When you do access your company file you should see that it does contain the current information in full. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Upgraded from 2020.1 to 2020.2 - Company file is now smaller

Thanks Emily, glad to hear there is an explanation.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post