Partner Zone

Upgrades to AccountRight

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Dandeb
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrades to AccountRight

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT AUTOMATIC UPDATES AND WE SHOULDN'T BE FORCED INTO IT. Everytime MYOB releases a new version it is full of bugs and it slows me down or stops me working. All the new changes are for wages or superannuation that I don't need to worry about for a Sole Trader. I still happily use version 2016.2.1 because I didn't want the updates offered since then. I don't need all the over-the-top security for my single computer at my home. 
I ONLY USE MYOB OFFLINE as I do not want any of my information in the cloud and also my productivity is then subject to unreliable internet and the MYOB cloud server issues.
HOW CAN I STOP THE AUTOMATIC UPDATES ? DO I NEED TO DISCONTINUE MY SUBSCRIPTION BEFORE I NEXT LOGIN TO MYOB ?

6 REPLIES 6
Dandeb
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2021.1 is now available

I have not received a reply from MYOB yet. I posted a comment on Sunday 14.3.21 (today is Wednesday) 
I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT AUTOMATIC UPDATES AND WE SHOULDN'T BE FORCED INTO IT.
I still happily use version 2016.2.1   I only use MYOB Offline.  HOW CAN I STOP THE AUTOMATIC UPDATES ?
DO I NEED TO DISCONTINUE MY SUBSCRIPTION BEFORE I NEXT LOGIN TO MYOB ?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Dandeb 

If you do have an enquiry relating to AccountRight we do typically recommend posting directly on the AccountRight boards - such as the AccountRight: Installing and Upgrading board.

To answer your enquiry, automatic upgrades have been included in AccountRight 2021.1's PC Edition of the software to aid in the process of upgrading between versions. This does prevent the need to install a full version of the software each time an update is available (such as with AccountRight 2020.4). If you do decide not to uptake on automatic upgrades you are welcome to install the AccountRight 2021.1 Server Edition (SE) version of the software, however, this will be moving to automatic updates later this year - so you would be delaying the inevitable.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Dandeb
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your acknowledgment of my post but you haven't told me HOW TO STOP the Auto Upgrades.

Will MYOB automatically update my 2016.2.1 version to the 2021.1 when I next open MYOB ?

I have very simple accounting for money in & money out with no payroll or superannuation requirements

I don't want all the new security features or bugs that many other people are complaining about.

Does 2021.1 operate Offline ?  I have unreliable internet and big trust issues with cloud storage.

I have been with MYOB since 1999 and prefer the older simple version for my business.

Can I still access my files Offline if I cancel my subscription ?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Dandeb 

To receive automatic updates you do need to on the AccountRight 2021.1 product. If you are still on AccountRight 2016.2 and have not decided to upgrade, you will not receive automatic updates as you are on a product that doesn't cater for automatic product upgrades. 

You will be able to continue to use your AccountRight 2016.2.1 version as per normal, now and in the future. There will be no prompt to automatically upgrade as you are on a product version that doesn't support those automatic upgrade. Although, while I don't think it is going to be a major issue in the foreseeable future, it's worth mentioning, AccountRight 2016.2.1 is now close to 5 years old and thus as operating systems evolve that version of the software may not function as intended on newer/updated operating systems. As I said more long term thinking but something to have in the back of your mind.

To answer your enquiries relating to AccountRight 2021.1, company files can be stored locally or online (an active AccountRight Subscription would be required to store files online) with AccountRight 2021.1 - it's up to the user as to which option they do choose. 

As you are on a perpetual licence i.e. you own the serial number, if you did decide to cancel your AccountRight subscription you will continue to have ongoing access to your company file as you have the moment. You would lose the ability to access Live services (cloud access, bank feeds, payroll reporting, superannuation..) as well as tax table updates and extended phone-support.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Dandeb
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven,

I gives me great relief that my 2016 version will not automatically update. I'm too set in my ways preferring the simple version without all the bells & whistles required for payroll.

Thanks again

Datawiz
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thoroughly agree Dandeb.

I have used MYOB Premier (currently V9)  for more than 20 years and am now forced to upgrade to AccountRight 2021 only because my accountants can no longer handle this data file version.

To now discover that i'll be forced to update, creates a very uneasy feeling - enough to make me reconsider persisting with MYOB....

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post