Upgrading Accountright Standard to Premier

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LisaBSF
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Upgrading Accountright Standard to Premier

Hi, I am new to MYOB and have found that the current system we are using is still utilising Accountright Standard software but we are paying for Accountright Premier. Someone ticked the wrong box when the system was last updated years ago apparently? Anyway, we definitely want to go to premier so we can use Time billing etc.  I have been on hold with Tech for over an hour as I am looking for the full steps on moving over to Premier.

We are using MYOB server edition and have been advised by sales to install 2023.3 and we need to do a file format upgrade, but from what I can see we need to just install the updated software?

So does this seem correct? :-

1. Backup the current company file

2. Download and install the correct Accountright server software (above) to our server

3. Then I assume we link it to the backed up company file?

4. Go in and set up online access to the file so we can use that feature.

Is that the general steps, or is there anything we are missing before we tackle this. What is the average time it takes to do the update so I can advise users.

What about existing bank feeds and such, will these be automatically connected once we log back in with the new software?

Any guidance that will help with this process is appreciated as I was really disappointed with the tech team when I did get through in the end. Over an hour on hold simply for her to email me a link to the download page?

Thankyou. 

4 REPLIES 4
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,953 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,953Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Re: Upgrading Accountright Standard to Premier

Hi @LisaBSF 

Try Help > Change Product - this is the way a company file is changed from Standard to Plus or Premier, provided your subscription supports it.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
LisaBSF
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gavin, this is great information. I have had two conversations with MYOB and in neither discussion did they say to go here and change the product here. I have checked and one of our client ID's does have the correct software on the server so I assumebefore we select the change product option and go to premier we would run a quick back up. Is there anything else we need to do first do you know? Will it prompt me for anything when we select this. I see only the admin level have this option, will each desktop user need access to select this on their desktop or will it change once an admin selects this?

thankyou

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,953 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,953Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @LisaBSF 

Always do a backup before a major change. Once you make the change, the software itself will change to Premier - the same software can run as Standard or Plus or Premier depending on the setting in the company file. Once administrator makes the change, when any user who logs in it will open as Premier.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
LisaBSF
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou Gavin. Will run a backup, have exported custom forms as well? Just in case. Then flick over to Premier.

Will let you know how we go :-)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post