Upgrading business basic files to AccountRight issues

faisydaisy
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Upgrading business basic files to AccountRight issues

I was recently offered the upgrade from business basics v1 to AccountRight.  We downloaded and installed the software on my computer and I have set up an account etc.  But every time I try to upgrade/restore a backup from my old business basic's .dat files, I get the attached error message and error log.  I have tried ringing MYOB twice now and ended up on hold for about an hour each time before I gave up.  

Is anyone able to give me some advise on what I can do to get it going properly.  May be I need to remove the software and re-download and install to remove any bugs it may have in it??

error log.JPG
error message.JPG
3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,421 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,421Posts

5,478Kudos

5,969Solutions

Re: Upgrading business basic files to AccountRight issues

Hi @faisydaisy 

Generally speaking, the error log you are encountering tends to indicate that there is no serial number in the company file, which is common if the company file is coming from an older BusinessBasics version. 

To get that company file upgraded, you do have two options:

1. (Quickest way to get you up and running) Download and install AccountRight 2019.1 on the computer. Once installed, select Upgrade a Company File and upgrade your company file to that version. When that company file has been upgraded to AccountRight 2019.1, move across to AccountRight 2020.2 and select to open the file using the Open a Company File option and should prompt you to upgrade the file to that version.

Note: The upgrade would need to be completed locally, but you can upload the file once on AccountRight 2020.3 using the File>>Go Online (Upload this File) when you have it open in that version of the software.

A download link for AccountRight 2019.1 can be found on our Product Downloads page located under AccountRight>>AccountRight PC Edition.

2. We look at arranging for the company file to come in for our team to migrate that company file on your behalf. Do let us know if you would like that service actioned and we can get that service started for you. There will be no cost to upgrade that file for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

faisydaisy
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I have tried to do the first option but I get an error message when I try to install the Accountright V19.1, saying that the administrator has blocked me installing the program.  Unfortunately I am the PC's administrator, I have tried running it as the administrator too.  I googled this problem and it seems quite a few people have had the same issue.  Is there are work round or can we just do option 2.

thanks,

Faye

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,421 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,421Posts

5,478Kudos

5,969Solutions

Hi @faisydaisy 

You mentioned in your post that you have installed AccountRight V19.1, this is part of the AccountRight Classic range (v19). You want to be using the AccountRight 2019.1 version. Two different versions, just similar names.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post