Australia
Trajeec
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrading for single touch payroll

I currently use AccountRight V19.14 & I want to upgrade to a version that allows single touch payroll but is NOT online. I entered my serial number to find out about my upgrade options & got the following answer

"MYOB will no longer be providing updates to MYOB AccountRight Classic (v19) desktop software. For more information and next steps, please visit our Classic Hub.

Visiting the Classic Hub was just confusing.

Can someone tell me how I upgrade...I have an active subscription, or recommend a MYOB professional in Brisbane who can sort this out for me.

20 REPLIES 20
Experienced Cover User cramptons
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
cramptons
Experienced Cover User

71Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Upgrading for single touch payroll

Apparently there is no option unless you move to an 'online' version.

You only have to read this forum to see how many problems users are having with these versions.

Experienced Cover User Bwaar
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Bwaar
Experienced Cover User

48Posts

35Kudos

3Solutions

The online version of MYOB is trash compared to v19. It's slow, it's broken and on top of that there's been 2 business breaking outages in a week.

Experienced Cover User cramptons
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
cramptons
Experienced Cover User

71Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

I have been using MYOB for over 15 years.  I am very happy with the Premier V19.15 - if MYOB refuse to support this version - I will have no altenative but to change to another accounting programme, as much as I don't want to.

I will not be changing to MYOB online version.

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

219Kudos

24Solutions

You don't have to upgrade - there are reasonably priced third party alternatives out there. Please feel free to private message me for further information.

Cheers

Liz

Partner lmb1707
27 Posts
Partner
Australia
lmb1707
Partner

27Posts

25Kudos

2Solutions

Hi

I understand that many people are suspicious of moving all their data to cloud based services or maybe your internet connection is not stable enough to move the cloud.

You can still upgrade to current version of AccountRight 2019.1, but you don't need to keep your file in the cloud, you have the option of staying offline by "work offline (Check Out)".  You can lodge STP through your Auskey or ask your accountant or registered BAS agent, to report through STP on your behalf.

Regards

Liana Batty

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,060 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31060Posts

3924Kudos

4522Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Trajeec 

To upgrade to AccountRight 2019, you would first need to install that version of the program. Once installed, you can migrate your company file to that version of the program. This can be done via the Upgrade a company file option located on the Welcome window (when you first launch the program).

For step by step process on the upgrade do take a look at Help Article: Upgrade to the new AccountRight

Note: AccountRight 2019 allows for company files to be stored locally or online. You don't need to store your company file in the cloud if required, it can be stored locally on your computer/network.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Trajeec
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Trajeec
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I am aware of third party options. I just don't need the added work or expense. Am problably going to take my accountant up on her offer to switch programs. Grrrr

Experienced Cover User Trajeec
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Trajeec
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

So if I ugrade offline it still won't include single touch payroll ? Paying my accountant to report weekly is really not a fiscal option. Have sorted this answer myself. 

FYI I have upgraded to Account Right Plus V2019.1 & have not had to migrate online.

Am in the process of setting up STP (single touch payroll) 

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

219Kudos

24Solutions

If you stop paying MYOB then the third party options will cost you less overall. Just a suggestion. The Classic versions are very reliable and if you are meticulous with backups then you should need to pay for support. My clients and I have been without support for several years without an issue so far.

Cheers

Liz

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post