Upgrading from V19.16

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
debm
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

51Posts

6Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Upgrading from V19.16

Good morning,

I am just needing some clarification on how, and what is the best way, to upgrade from V19.16 to V2020.

We currently have 5 companies in V19.16, 4 are small files but the main company file is 390MB.  I know there were issues originally with company files this size in the Cloud so I am trying to decide what is the best way to upgrade.  We also have a multi user version, with 2 users.

My questions are :

1. Can I have the large file size 391 MB in the cloud and have it function as expected or would it be better to stay with a version on C: of my computer (offline) and sharing that with the other user (same way we do now)

2. What do I do with the other companies, they only need to be accesed by myself so again online or offline?

3. I currently still have a subscription so what does this entitle me to and do I need to purchase anything else?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Upgrading from V19.16

Hi @debm 

I’d consider uploading the largest file to the cloud and running it on the cloud for a month or two so you can get a feel for how it performs online. If you felt that you weren’t getting sufficient performance online then you can take the file offline by backing up and restoring the file locally. Whilst the file size will impact the performance online, I’ve certainly seen larger files online however as I cant speak to other factors like the speed of your internet connection you may want to run a  couple of months online as a trial to get a real sense of whether it will work for you.

As each file that is going to be stored online or access any of the live services like bank feeds or STP reporting will need its own subscription, if these were just smaller side businesses running on their own you may be better from a cost perspective to keep them stored locally as opposed to online.

If you have a single active subscription this entitles you to upgrade all files on the serial number to the latest version, as well as live services on a single file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

debm
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User