Uploading Company File online for STP2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SBB261
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Uploading Company File online for STP2

Hi,

I have tried to upload the company file to start the STP Phase 2 and a window comes up and says " Account Right Live subscription is required... we have a current subscription MYOB Account Right Plus.

Please advise, I will be going overseas from Dec 24 until Feb 5 and I wanted to get this resolved before I go away.

Kind regards,

Susan

10 REPLIES 10
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,953 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,953Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Re: Uploading Company File online for STP2

Hi @SBB261 

It is likely someone uploaded a test file some time back. Once a file is uploaded, it takes up the available online slot for this subscription. 

There are basically 2 options:

• contact MYOB to get the original upload removed.
  • try to make a backup of you current file and restore this online. If the existing online file has the same file ID (it would if this was the file originally uploaded), restoring will replace the online copy with a copy of the current file

FYI if you are going online because you are being forced to my MYOB's policy for STP Phase 2, thought I would mention there is a way to comply with STP Phase 2 without storing your file online. Take a look at a program called STP Creator - this was specifically developed for offline MYOB files and works with all versions of MYOB. Cost is $222 for up to 20 employees. This way you get to keep using MYOB offline and complying with STP Phase 2.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @SBB261 

Would you mind confirming the company file ID of that particular file you want to upload to the cloud? The reason I ask is that we are showing as company file ID 10 (on serial number ending in 7470) in the cloud already.

Should that company file ID in the file be 10 then you would want to take a backup of the local file (File>>Backup). Once that backup has been taken you would go to File>>Restore and select to restore that backup online into the cloud. This will replace the online file with that copy of that local file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

SBB261
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I'm not sure about a company file id 10 in the cloud. I am working on 2 company files Numissa Pty Ltd (non-operating company, with no employees) and Namul Pty Ltd (operating company with 3 employees) which I'm trying to upload for STP Phase 2. 

We've been a MYOB customer since 2000 and I have never worked online before until STP, so I'm a bit confused.

Regards,

Susan

SBB261
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for your suggestion about getting a new program STP creator. Does this mean a totally separate program independent to the Account Right Plus which I am currently using like the previous MYOB Powerpay or is this like an additional add-on to my current one?

I have always worked offline with MYOB and we've been using MYOB since 2000.

Can you clarify more about the STP creator?

Kind regards,

Susan

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @SBB261 

As indicated we can see that company file ID 10 is the one in the cloud. If you are needing a different file uploaded we can arrange for that if required - Can you first provide us with the company file ID of that file - Help>>About AccountRight

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,953 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,953Posts

1,000Kudos

633Solutions

Hi @SBB261 

Yes STP Creator is a small separate program. After you process payroll in MYOB, you run STP Creator and it extracts the payroll data from the MYOB file and allows you to send it directly to the ATO. 

I use it for several clients. Before using it needs to be setup - this involves reading payroll categories and employee details from your MYOB file. You need to 'map' or assigned the payroll categories (only those you use) to a STP reporting field (similar to what you do in MYOB - in fact if you do this in MYOB, STP Creator will use these mappings saving you mapping them again). You also identify those employees you report on. All these settings are saved in a data file - your MYOB file is not changed in any way.

When reporting you run STP Creator and specify the reporting period, STP Creator extracts the relevant data from the MYOB file, assembles it in the ATO required format, shows you exactly what it is about to send (allowing you to identify any errors) and you then Lodge.

The reporting takes 3-5mins.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
SBB261
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thank you, I can now confirm that my company file id is 10.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @SBB261 

That company file ID 10 file is that the file currently on the cloud or the file you want to upload?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

SBB261
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Yes, it is the file currently on the cloud but also the file I want to upload since I have the most updated file that's offline.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post