User Access

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

User Access

Hi MYOB,

In our business, we have created several different user access categories such as Administrator, Receptionist, general user & trainee - all with different view, read/write privileges in our online file for AccountRight Plus.

However I have just discovered that, regardless of user access settings in the desktop setup, all users can access the web version & have unrestricted access to all the business information - eg, employee card files, payroll information, & bank records.

Please tell me there is an option to restrict access to the web version.....!

Thanks

Keith

6 REPLIES 6
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Re: User Access

Hi @ MYOB This is a most serious security problem that needs urgent answering - please tell us whether the security template given by User Access for AR desktop applies to the web version. Please assure us security is preserved. Though you have to logon to whichever file you wish to access the dashboard for as I have a collection of client files - would a ordinary user of my work file just have direct access to the web app? Having just resat the Partner exam which was based heavily on this web-app - but NOT a single question on its security!!! The Doc
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Keith_W@The_Doc

Thanks for your posts. User access to the Browser is determined by their access in AccountRight desktop, For example, if the user does have access to the sales they will only have the Sales menus and a few associated menus available (Reports, Contacts).  If you are experiencing a different situation we do recommend reviewing the access and roles within the desktop AccountRight company file.

If you are encountering a situation where a user can see a feature in the browser but can't in the desktop application, please provide us with additional information such as their user role and user role setup so we can look into this for you. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @Melisa_D 

Thank you - most relieved re that info - will check though.

The Doc

Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Melisa - thanks for your response. I'm relieved that the security settings apply to the web version. As this is not the case for our setup, I will review & seek further help from you.

Regards
Keith
Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Melisa,

My mistake. As you suggested, users DO have restricted access based on the setup in the desktop file. In switching between users I must have been inadvertantly looking at my own profile.

Sorry for the error on my part!

Regards

Keith

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @Keith_W

No don't be sorry, we are happy to help ! Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have anymore questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post