27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

User access tab missing

Hi, i recently added another company file in our MYOB accountrite. The 'USER ACCESS' button is missing?

For my previous company files, there is a button under the 'setup' main menu tab called 'USER ACCESS'

It is missing in the new company file i setup?

I need that option to arrange access for the staff who need to use that company file?

I am posting here because i was on hold to MYOB support for nearly 2 hours this morning on the phone, and gave up waiting.

Regards

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner Mike_James
4,377 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,377Posts

1,943Kudos

550Solutions

Re: User access tab missing

Hi @HangedUpOnMe , the user access option will only be available to users who have the role of Administrator in their own user access set-up. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User HangedUpOnMe
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

@Mike_James wrote:

Hi @HangedUpOnMe , the user access option will only be available to users who have the role of Administrator in their own user access set-up. 

I am an administrator.

I sent an invitations to the users i needed to give access.

Then they asked for the password to long on, i though that was strange?

I went to open the users tab (which i had opened when i sent the invitations) and its gone?

I noticed one other thing.... the 'sign in to company file' does not appear when i click on that company file, it just opens directly.

My other two company files which do show the 'users' tab both still show the 'sign in to company file' box before openeing.

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner Mike_James
4,377 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,377Posts

1,943Kudos

550Solutions

Hi @HangedUpOnMe , per this post there are authentication issues affecting log-ins today, so your issues could be part of that. Watch that post for further information. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

Highlighted
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

@Mike_James wrote:

Hi @HangedUpOnMe , per this post there are authentication issues affecting log-ins today, so your issues could be part of that. Watch that post for further information. 

Hi,

I dont think that is the problem because this has been going on for several days and our other company files still work just fine?

Highlighted
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Here is the logon screen which does not appear when logging in to this company file

MYOB logon2.jpg
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,056 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,056Posts

4,567Kudos

4,968Solutions

Hi @HangedUpOnMe 

I assume based on the screenshot that you are logging into the company file with that particular User ID: Administrator?

If so, it sounds like the Administrator User ID has lost the Administrator user role and thus we would be looking at resetting that. It looks like the company file is an online file if so can you confirm the following information:

• What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
  • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @HangedUpOnMe 

I assume based on the screenshot that you are logging into the company file with that particular User ID: Administrator?

If so, it sounds like the Administrator User ID has lost the Administrator user role and thus we would be looking at resetting that. It looks like the company file is an online file if so can you confirm the following information:

• What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
  • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

last 4 digits of serial number is 2067 - mind you, it refused to provide that information in the company file in question, i had to get it from the other company file.

In my first company file which is working properly the company file ID number is 1

In my second company file which is working properly the company file ID number is 16

In my third company file which has the problem, the company file ID number is 17

The first company file i can see log in as 'administrator2'

The second company file i can see log in as 'administrator'

The third company file i cannot see the login details because it is skipping that stage and logging streight in. But i do remember using 'administrator' before the login stage decided to vanish.

Regards

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,056 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,056Posts

4,567Kudos

4,968Solutions

Hi @HangedUpOnMe 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you in regards to your enquiry

I have since run a script over company file ID 17 for you to add back the Administrator role to the Administrator user to the company file. This should mean that you do have the Setup>>User Access now when logging into the company file as the Administrator. If you don't have that option now it does mean that you are not logging into the file as the Administrator user. You can change the company file user you are currently logged in as via File>>Switch Company File User.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Cecille
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, I have the same issue with this one. I cannot find the user access. Previously I can see it and right now I cannot find it. Please advise. 

Thanks. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post