MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Using AccountRight 2017.2 or 2018.1? Please read this

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sophie_NF
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Sophie_NF
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Using AccountRight 2017.2? Please read this

Thanks for your reply Neil,

Unfortunately, I cannot open the file. It is not asking if I want to upgrade the file, it's saying I must upgrade the file.

When I try to upgrade the file it asks me to browse for the company file on my computer. There are no recent MYOB files on my PC, so I'm assuming my files have been online since about 2014.

What can I do?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,788 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10788Posts

1210Kudos

1526Solutions

Hi @Sophie_NF

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information

Assuming the file is stored online, then you will need to be logging in as an online owner or online administrator to open the file and upgrade the file. When they do they will see the following window*:

2017.2 upg.PNG

To upgrade the file, they just need to open the file in the new version and click the option to upgrade the file to 2018.1 This will upgrade the file into the new version.

The upgrade a company file option on the Welcome to AccountRight screen is a tool to upgrade AccountRight v19 and earlier files into the AccountRight 201X format.

*Your window may look different if AccountRight 2017.2 is not installed on that computer

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted Cover User BYBookkeeping
82 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
BYBookkeeping
Trusted Cover User

82Posts

42Kudos

3Solutions

@Neil_M I'm having all sorts of trouble trying to upgrade a file. 

The 2018.2 is downloaded and the icon is on my desktop.

I open 2018.2 and then the file and it gives me the following message.

NOTE - nothing to offer me to upgrade the file.

MYOB.png

If I go into 2017.2 it give me this.........

screen.png

If I select Update Now, it simply takes me to a bunch of instructions at this link.

http://help.myob.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5669169#expand-WhydoesntUpdatenowwork

I'm going around in circles and can't get this file to update.

I called CS last week and they said some people were having problems and to try again this week.

Still not working.  Help!

MYOB.png
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1594Posts

1401Kudos

164Solutions

Hi @BYBookkeeping

I find this often occurs if a user attempts to upgrade from one version up to two or more versions  i.e. you are trying or have been forced in the product to upgrade from 2017.2 to 2018.2.   I don't think the upgrade preforms well under this circumstance from experience recently with clients.  

First Step:  Download version 2018.1 and upgrade the MYOB file to version 2018.1

Second Step:  Download version 2018.2 and upgrade the MYOB file to version 2018.2

It sounds like you can't get access to version 2018.1 to download first.   Here is a link that will help you access version 2018.1 to download Download MYOB   If other end users are reading this you must read the disclaimer first when clicking on this link as it's important you only download and use products & versions you are licensed for)

Hope my suggestion helps as it works for me when I do it each time.  However I try and encourage my clients to upgrade to each new release when notified to avoid this. 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
1,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1594Posts

1401Kudos

164Solutions

@BYBookkeeping also I assume you have been invited into the file as the Online Administrator?  If you are only set up as a Online File User you wont be able to upgrade. 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Sophie_NF
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Sophie_NF
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil,

It turns out I'm only a User, not an administrator. Got our administrator to upgrade the file and now it's all good. Would be nice if the pop-ups were a little more clear and easy to understand!

Thanks again for your help

Sophie

82 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
BYBookkeeping
Trusted Cover User

82Posts

42Kudos

3Solutions

@BooksInTheCloud

Yes, I am an administrator.  I have full access to the file so I updated it/changed it last night after reading the notes.  It didn't change a thing.

(I received an MYOB email inviting me as an administrator and another email saying my online access had been removed)

82 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
BYBookkeeping
Trusted Cover User

82Posts

42Kudos

3Solutions

@BooksInTheCloud

That explaination (going from 2017.1 to 2018.2 and skipping 2018.1) makes total sense.

Just tried to open the file in 2018.1 and it still doesn't give me the option to upgrade.  **bleep**!

Any other ideas?

82 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
BYBookkeeping
Trusted Cover User

82Posts

42Kudos

3Solutions

@BooksInTheCloud

Actually - we're only on 2018.1?  

So I'm upgrading from 2017.1 to 2018.1 ?

1,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1594Posts

1401Kudos

164Solutions

Hi @BYBookkeeping Ok that case

Download version 2017.2 - upgrade MYOB to 2017.2

Download version 2018.1 - upgrade MYOB to 2018.1

Download version 2018.2 - upgrade MYOB to 2018.2

That should work 

Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post