V19 to ARL upgrade failing - multi currency - Miscellaneous Layouts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

V19 to ARL upgrade failing - multi currency - Miscellaneous Layouts

Hi @Steven_M 

I am unable to upgrade a file and have identifed the client has used purchase miscellanous layouts and some of the transactions have been purged EOFY rolled over so I cant change them.   

Is there anything that can be done at your back end to sort this out or is this a case of we can't upgrade?

If  you can help can I send you the file to look at?   I have also sent  you a private message.

Thanks in advance for your help

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae
6 REPLIES 6
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: V19 to ARL upgrade failing - multi currency - Miscellaneous Layouts

Hi @CloudMindAcc 

Provided the transaction has been purged entirely it shouldn't be a problem and the company file can be migrated successfully. If the transaction hasn't been purged entirely, then it would still be listed in the company file and thus generate errors when migrating.

I would recommend going the version 19 company file, select Purchases before going File>>Purge Closed Bills and purging out the entire bill (Not Purge Detail Only).  Don't forget to take a backup of the company file prior to purging out any data in the company file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

I have purged closed invoices and there is no Currency layouts in Misc Purhcases now.    

I believe I have the unsupported purchase or sales layouts, there are no consolidated tax codes or luxury car tax codes.   I have checked G/L codes are either bank credit card, accounts payable or accounts receivable.

I can’t see any unsupported foreign accounts and I am not sure what MYOB means by pre-conversion transactions or how to troubleshoot this? 

My only other question will the upgrade support these types of Multi Currency Journals?

The client is needing there file back upgraded and I am not sure what to do.   Can I send the back up in for MYOB to look at please?

Journals.jpg

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @CloudMindAcc 

Provided the following things have been checked and completed, we can arrange for the company file to be sent in for our team to review potential reasons why that file is still not migrating:

• No foreign transactions that are using a Professional, Time Billing or Miscellaneous layout
  • No foreign currency accounts other than trade creditor, trade debtor, bank and credit card accounts
  • No foreign currency transactions that use a consolidated or luxury car tax code
  • All open purchase orders with received items must be converted (run the Open item receipts purchase reports)
  • A user has purged out as much as possible from the company file through financial year rollovers or via the various Command Centre selections and File>>Purge.

Currently, AccountRight 2019.4 doesn't allow for the entry of foreign currency journals entries. If a file does contain those types of journals and is migrated the values are converted into the local currency equivalent during the migration process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Yes I have checked all these items below.   Can you please arrange for this file to go to repair?

Warm Regards
Renae
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @CloudMindAcc 

Thank you for confirming that information

I've sent you a direct email with all the details in regards to getting that file sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information required is included in the email but do let us know if you have any questions about the process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

Thanks so much for your help @Steven_M so appreciated as always Smiley Happy

Warm Regards
Renae

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post