When Exporting - "To Excel" is not available

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sue-Provincial
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

When Exporting - "To Excel" is not available

I am currently using AR (Desktop - but file online) 2021.2.24.  When I try to export a report to excel, the "Excel" option is greyed out in all accessible places (on Reprot Filter page which has "Display Report" "Advanced Filters" and "Export to Excel" and also when you display the rerport and go to drop down arrow in top left corner, selct "Send" and there is PDF, Excel or PDS options (Excel is greyed out), and same on the "Export" selections.

I am really disappointed with MYOB support.  I phoned on Thursday 20 May 2021.  The support person  (Kate) was having problems with her computer and took my details saying she would phone me back if she lost my call.  She never phoned back.  I phoned again after an hour and a half and got someone else (Des) who sent me through the microsoft .Net Manual repair instructions, which I did whilst I was on the phone.  That didn't fix the problem.  This support person said they would need to speak to someone and phone me back as well.  Guess what, its now Monday 24 May 2021 (2 business days later) and silence - no returned call.

If someone on here has any suggestions on how to fix this, that would be great.  It seems to have been an issue with AccountRight for some time - I wish they would fix it.

9 REPLIES 9
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: When Exporting - "To Excel" is not available

Hi @Sue-Provincial , if you are not already running AccountRight "as administrator", please try that. (Right-click the desktop icon, select that option). 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Another issue is that Office needs to be the 32-bit version. In Excel, go to File, Account, About Excel...

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @Sue-Provincial

I'm really sorry to hear that no one has been in contact with you. Generally if the Export to Excel button is greyed out if you don't have a supported version of Microsoft Excel installed (2010 or later). If you're using Office 365 we recommend that you check that Excel is installed on your computer and not accessed via a website browser. If it is accessed via a web browser this would be why you're unable to export. 

Please do let me know how you go, I'm happy to assist. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sue-Provincial
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Already tried running as adminsitrator and already checked its 32 bit not 64 bit

Sue-Provincial
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Pretty sure it is iinstalled on my computer because I have followed the instructions to go to Apps and Features, find microsoft office esktop apps, advanced options ,repair. and that hasn't worked either.

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @Sue-Provincial

Thanks for troubleshooting., can you please do an uninstall and reinstall of Microsoft Office ? If this doesn't work, can you please confirm if you're running a local computer or a server ?

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Sue-Provincial
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Pretty sure it is iinstalled on my computer because I have followed the instructions to go to Apps and Features, find microsoft office esktop apps, advanced options ,repair. and that hasn't worked either.
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Sue-Provincial

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft office ? does the export option field work after this has been completed ?

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Sue-Provincial
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

It is working now aftere deleting the complete office suite.  Downloading (ensuring 32 bit) and installing.  I think the computer all needed a shut down and restart as well.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post