Wrong Currency displpayed on invoices and purchases

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Blucom_SA
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Wrong Currency displpayed on invoices and purchases

I have recently upgraded to Accountright 2021. All my invoices/purchases have the wrong currency symbol  ($) in the unit price column only, but then the correct currency symbol in the sub total and totals columns. I have checked the system currency settings and they are correct. Why is there 2 different symbols on the same invoice/purchases?

I have attached a picture to illustrate the issue

Many thanks 

Derek

Johannesburg

IMG_20210506_162336_edit_1796216419410812_resized_20210506_042448279.jpg
8 REPLIES 8
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Wrong Currency displpayed on invoices and purchases

Hi @Blucom_SA 

While AccountRight will take the currency settings from within Windows certain fields would be hard-coded to display the dollar symbol*. As these values are hard coded they are not able to be changed by the user to have a different currency symbol such as the Windows currency symbol displayed.

*The dollar symbol being the most common currency form in Australia and New Zealand markets. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Blucom_SA
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I can understand that it has been hard coded, but this was not the case with all the other versions? 

Blucom_SA
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How do you handle multiple currencies (as advertised) if the $ sign is hard coded into the program. It would make more sense to have left the sign out of the unit price altogether (as the currency appears in the subtotal column which is specified by the user)?  I fail to see why the limitation was introduced now in this version when it wasnt there before. what you have now created is a problem that when the user specifies a currency your software does its own thing and puts the $ sign as a hard code. 

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,010 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,010Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @Blucom_SA 

It is fair to say that in their rush to add support for multiple currencies to AccountRight Live versions, MYOB did not think through all of the issues, and it seems fixing issues such as this that are raised by users is not a high priority.

See this section of the Forum for multi currency issues. The most viable (but not ideal) solution is to add a note/field to your customised Invoice to state that all amounts are in USD or EURO etc as per this post.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Blucom_SA 

When users have Setup>>Preferences>>I Deal in Multiple Currencies enabled, which is the correct way to handle multiple currencies in AccountRight 2021, the currency symbol is removed from printed/emailed invoices or purchases. This does include hard-coded ones such as the Unit column.

I would imagine based on your screenshot that you are not using multi-currency within the software, but have updated the currency setting (or are in a different country) within Windows. This would force the currency symbol to update for the most part but not it all situations such as the Unit column, which is hard-coded as outlined in my previous post. 

It should be noted that AccountRight 2021 multi-currency was built from the ground up within that program and may not function exactly the same the AccountRight Classic range.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Blucom_SA
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Steven

I will try that out. Is there a way to set one currency as the default currency when us multi currency mode or is the AUD hard coded?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Blucom_SA 

Australian Dollars (AUD) would be set to be the default local currency inside AccountRight for Australian set-up multi-currency files. NZD for New Zealand based setup files.

Note: This post refers to the local currency when you have the I Deal in Multiple Currencies enabled as a preference. Users are welcome to update their Window's based currency which will impact AccountRight, although some fields are hardcoded inside the software with a dollar currency symbol.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Blucom_SA
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions