MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

an older version of myob add-on connector cannot be removed

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner Carmen_Sempf
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Carmen_Sempf

3Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

an older version of myob add-on connector cannot be removed

Hi

We are trying to install AccountRight 2018.1 on a PC and we are receiving the message "the older version of MYOB Add-On Connector (API) cannot be removed".

The MYOB Add-On Connector is not listed in Control Panel / Programs and Features and cannot be deleted that way.

We also cannot locate the add-on connector via the start menu or via a search of the C drive.

Can you please advise how we can locat this older version of the Add-On Connector to allow installation of the new version.

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,444 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30444Posts

3773Kudos

4440Solutions

Re: an older version of myob add-on connector cannot be removed

Hi @Carmen_Sempf

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

The MYOB Add-on Connector is installed as part of the AccountRight PC Edition installation and is not a separate installation. If there is an issue with it and you would need to uninstall the AccountRight version, which will uninstall the MYOB Add-on Connector as part of the uninstallation. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Carmen_Sempf
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Carmen_Sempf

3Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

As an accountant there are multiple versions on our PC's.  Version 19, the new AccountRight versions as well as Accountright Edge.  Do I need to uninstall every MYOB product?  If not, how do I determine which product to uninstall?  

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,444 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30444Posts

3773Kudos

4440Solutions

Hi @Carmen_Sempf

There is no direct way that to know which version of the program that would be creating that error and would need uninstalling. Personally, I would start at uninstalling the most recent version of the program that was successfully installed - typically this would be AccountRight 2017.2 (assuming you haven't installed an older version recently).

Also, as the MYOB Add-on Connector is installed with the PC Editions you would be looking at only the AccountRight 2014 and later PC Editions. AccountRight v2013 and earlier and the AccountRight Classic range use a different installer which doesn't install the MYOB Add-on Connector.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Carmen_Sempf
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Carmen_Sempf

3Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Trying to remove older versions of AccountRight 2014 or later didn't work as they were no longer listed in Control Panel/Programs and Features.  So I ended up reinstalling older version from 2016 that we had on file which was successfull and then was able to successfully install each subsequent version up to 2018.1.  I've then uninstalled the older versions which we no longer use.  I can only assume that when removing those older versions the uninstall function must not have uninstalled properly.  But at least our problem is solved.

Amschan
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Amschan
Cover User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Carmen,

I was able to solve the same problem using your method. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post