Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

no longer supported

Hello

I currently use MYOB AccountRight v 2014.4.16.7861, very old I know, but I only use it to track income and expenditure for rental properties, and for General Ledger so newest version not needed for my requirements, no payroll, no inventory, no GST etc. I have been using MYOB for about 30 years so would like to stay with it

My problem is that its not supported after September so even activating company file will not work after that, so I am told. I would like to upgrade, but don’t need all the bells and whistles and would prefer to pay as little as possible as I don’t need to have online access and don’t wish to pay for that feature if not using it.

My questions are:

1. Can I down grade to Essentials Accounting Starter and import my existing AccountRight file into Essentials without losing anything?
  2. If I stayed with AccountRight and upgraded to the latest version how much is the best price you can offer me?

The price of AccountRight that is advertised, is very expensive for me and not cost effective and will have to look at other software products, not what I want to do, but would appreciate your advice

Many thanks

Maureen Albion

Loyal MYOB user of 30+ years

2 REPLIES 2
Valued User Robert_Mitchell
156 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

156Posts

44Kudos

0Solutions

Re: no longer supported

You may not be supported after 30/9/19 but you will still be able to confirm your files so you appear to have been mislead. I have clients on Classic versions who have been without support for several years and all are continuing to receive confirmation on their files. You should make removable backups regularly as well.

Cheers

Robert 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,683 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,683Posts

4,360Kudos

0Solutions

Re: no longer supported

Hi @maureen0705 

As of 30 September 2019, MYOB will no longer be releasing updates for the AccountRight Classic (v19 or below) product range. This does include compliance and compatibility updates. Note: Clients are still welcome to use their AccountRight Classic range and confirmation of files will continue, however, no updates will be available after that September 2019 date.

AccountRight 2014 is part of the AccountRight 20xx product range, support and updates will still continue for this platform of products. 

However, to directly answer your questions:

• We do offer a migration service to migrate AccountRight data to MYOB Essentials. More information can be found on Move to Essentials.

In terms of data that is brought across, your contacts, accounts, open sales and purchases and items list will be brought across. Other transactions such as closed sales/purchases, banking transactions and payroll transactions will be brought across as general journal entries. We also do bring across the prior financial year and current financial year to date. The MYOB Conversion service FAQ as more information on the migration services

• To upgrade to the latest version of AccountRight Basics, AccountRight 2019.2, this would the purchase of an AccountRight Subscription. For AccountRight Basics, this would normally be $55 per month (min 12 months). However, if you are looking at getting that subscription you are welcome to send me a private message with your best contact number and I'll be happy to arrange for one of the team to get in touch to ensure that you do get that best pricing.

**Prices are current at the time of post

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post