password no longer required and STP stopped working

brad101
1 Post
User

1Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

password no longer required and STP stopped working

3 or so days ago all my various online myob account right files stopped asking for password and 2FA. I literally go straight in which is very risky as others could use my computer and get access to MYOB.

And today when I paid wages, the declaration to the ATO didnt work.

Very frustrating.

I have not ticked "trust this device for 30 days"

I have also tried going to services and "sign out from accountright live". I have to use password and 2FA to sign back in - but only once! After that it lets me straight back in again.

Pls advise asap

16 REPLIES 16
Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,009Posts

85Kudos

251Solutions

Re: password no longer required and STP stopped working

Hi @brad101

Thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. We are thankful for your time and effort in informing us about your concern that when you are logging in it is not requiring you to enter your password and 2FA. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused, and we are grateful for your patience and effort in trying to resolve this. 

We understand that you already tried to sign out from services and still does not require you to enter your password and 2FA. For AccountRight live every time you log out, you would need to go to Services >> Sign out from AccountRight. That will make the system always prompt you to add your email address and password when logging in.

These changes were implemented as part of enhanced security measures. Rest assured that the security of your account is of utmost importance to us, and we will make sure to communicate your feedback to the team. Thank you again for your patience and cooperation in this new update.  

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
Leneth

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Antoon
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

This makes security worse not "enhance" it.

Andos
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Leneth, 

Is this going to be like this from now on? This is not a good security measure. 

What was wrong with the old way of exiting MYOB accountright as normal and it asked you to log in everytime?

Lou72
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Worst idea ever making the logout like this and not informing everyone

Antoon
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

True! They make dumb changes and couldn't be bothered emailing anyone about the changes.

DJMX5
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Surely you can't be serious? Is this really a change in how to use MYOB after all these years, or an attempt to hide a fault until it is fixed? 

Did I miss a memo advising all users that they now need to close MYOB in a different way? And that the "old" way (since the beginning of time) now leaves the gate open for unathorised access? How was this communicated to your paying users? 

"These changes were implemented as part of enhanced security measures".

That's a joke right? 

Is it a fault "we are grateful for your patience and effort in trying to resolve this" or "These changes were implemented as part of enhanced security measures". Pick a side and let us know.

Communication goes a long way. Pleass try it. 

Butch_Dixon
Experienced User
58 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

58Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Yes sounds like a smother to me. 

Antoon
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

"These changes were implemented as part of enhanced security measures".

That's a joke right? "

My thoughts exactly! What an erroneous comment to make. They are like politicians, say the opposite of what is true...

PriyaSelvaraj
MYOB Moderator
296 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

296Posts

50Kudos

15Solutions

Hi @brad101 @Antoon @Butch_Dixon @DJMX5 @Lou72 

Thank you for taking the time to raise this. We're currently in the process of investigating this further to improve the experience for you all. At this point in time, it's under active investigation. We'll be forwarding this example to the teams so they can remain up to date.We really appreciate the patience shown whilst we investigate this for you all.

Cheers

Priya Selvaraj

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post